News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Do you record HDTV?

Started by FreQi, Friday Apr 25, 2003, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreQi

I was wondering if there was anyone else here that records HDTV, and how you do that.  I personally use a HiPix card in my computer, so I record the raw Transport Streams to my PC.  If I want to keep the episode, sometimes I'll burn the .ts's to dvdr, or I'll encode them to XviD to fit a couple eps on a cdr.

Anyone else?

Gregg Lengling

I have the HiDTV Pro card and when I want to save something (ie the superbowl from last January) I burn them to DVD in TS streams.

However they don't play back smoothly from the DVD, so I copy the DVD to the HardDrive and the play them.  I have it output to my 61 inch rear projection....a little bigger than my 21 inch monitor.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

The Law

Can a DVD be copied to the hard drive using this card?  or is this just an HD tuner/receiver?

If so, approximately how much does say a 2 hour film saved at the highest possible resolution use up in hard disk space?

Thanks

mnr929rr

jlegge

The Law, if you want to rip DVD's, try

www.doom9.org (formerly vcdhelper)

Lots of freeware and gobs of great information and help. Nothing illegal or shady either........

FreQi

Being able to rip a dvd has nothing to do with a video card, or a hdtv card for that matter.  You just need a DVDRom drive and a program like DVD Decryptor.  But that's pretty off topic for this forum.  Doom9 is where you want to be for that info.