News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Bucks Bulls on 95

Started by 950ash, Monday Nov 06, 2006, 08:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

950ash

Its a free preview for the NBA pass and an away game but we dont get it. I called Directv and low and behold the customer retention number they gave me and told me to call directly from now on is no good. I talked to a regular CSR and of course it was one big waste of time.

Mags

My guess, even if it was a free preview, is that it was being broadcast by WGN out of Chicago... that being the case, the away team's broadcast will always be blacked out in the home team's market.. which is why we couldn't get the game in HD....

It sucks, because our local broadcasters do so few games in HD for the Bucks, and some markets have their team in HD all the time.  But for blackout rules, the HD portion does not matter - and since the game was available here in standard def, then we are blacked out of the Chicago feed.

If I remember right, even if Milwaukee did not even broadcast the game, we STILL would be blacked out of the Chicago feed.  The reasoning is, Milwaukee owns the rights, whether they choose to broadcast the game or not.

That's the downside of living in a "smaller" Milwaukee - we are much slower to move to HD all the time coverage of our sports teams like other markets (such as NY and Boston) have already done....

Sparkman87

Monday nights game was not on WGN, it was on Comcast Sportsnet, but it was also picked up by INHD.  Since they had the rights to the game it may not have been available to be picked up by D*.

FiberOptic

TWC apparently blocked the signal on INHD, I could only get it on WGN

Sparkman87

Quote from: FiberOptic;35831TWC apparently blocked the signal on INHD, I could only get it on WGN

Yes, our INHD signal was blocked too since CSN had exclusive rights to the game in the Chicago DMA which does include Kenosha.  The game was NOT on WGN.  If your TW cable doesn't carry CSN-HD then you would have have no way to see the game in HD.  We do have CSN-HD so I was able to watch in HD.

FiberOptic

I meant CSN, fortunately we do CSN, but not in HD