News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Online Channel Guide for Local OTA Programming?

Started by 80sAirwaves, Tuesday Jan 18, 2005, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80sAirwaves

Since I have neither cable or satellite HD sources, I'm wondering if there isn't an online guide for determining what is on each local digital station.  Are there any websites for OTA viewers?

Would greatly appreciate suggestions!

-Patrick

StarvingForHDTV

4-1, 10-1, 12-1, 18-1, & 24-1 include program guide data with their signals.  Just hit the guide button on your remote.

Supposedly the other stations will be required to include program guide data as of February.

JohnRacine

My Toshiba DST3000 has the guide button.  But, all I ever see on the screen is "Normal Programming".  I wonder if my unit is not designed to display OTA guide info...perhaps it's set up to display the guide only for a small dish, which I don't have.  My DST3000 is used only for OTA channels.  Does anyone know if I have this right?  Thanks.

bigtony

I am having same problem with my Zenith 1080 for the past month At first I thought it was my unit ,

80sAirwaves

The channel guide on my Samsung T165 is also mostly useless.  Not sure if it's the meta data being sent by the local channels or what.

But TitanTV seems get me closer to something actually helpful.

THANKS!

-pjc

Gregg Lengling

Most of the problems are due to the stations not sending out Program Guide info, hopefully this will all change on Feb 1 when they are required by law to do so.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: JohnRacineMy Toshiba DST3000 has the guide button.  But, all I ever see on the screen is "Normal Programming".  I wonder if my unit is not designed to display OTA guide info...perhaps it's set up to display the guide only for a small dish, which I don't have.  My DST3000 is used only for OTA channels.  Does anyone know if I have this right?  Thanks.

I used to own a DirecTV/OTA HD set top box.  It was a Sony HD-200  That unit would not display the program guide unless you subscribed to DirecTV.  I don't know why they had it set up that way.  

Now I have a OTA only Samsung SIR-T151  This unit displays the program guides that are sent out by each station.  Like my post above says, only 4-1, 10-1, 12-1, 18-1, and 24-1 are sending out guide data right now.  Of those, only 4-1 and 18-1 mark which shows will be in HD, though it appears as though 24-1's software is ready to mark the right shows as soon as they get the necessary equipment in to pass along the HD UPN network feed.

1-1, 6-1, 36-1, and 55-1 are not sending out program guide data over the air yet.  Maybe in February, like Gregg said.