News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WIWN 68, is it still on?

Started by John L, Friday Jul 18, 2014, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I don't about you folks, but its been 2 weeks since I last saw WIWN-TV.  I am unable to receive them. Indications that maybe its off the air?  Can anyone relate?

-John L.
Franklin, WI.

LoadStar

Unfortunately, I don't have a suitable antenna to pick them up here from when they were broadcasting, so I can't tell.

It's a little curious, though... as I noted in another thread, I fully expected them to stay on the air with some automated programming, just so they were around when the incentive auction came around. It is a little unusual that Caballero would pay as much as they did to acquire the station, only to take it offline. Perhaps they are planning to bring it back online with some Spanish programming, and they don't intend to sell in the auction?

(Time Warner had announced plans to add the station to slots 68 and 1068, but have not done so.)

larsob

WIWN is still on the air with Weather Nation.

mrschimpf

It's still on, just fine on Charter. However there are some timeslots where ONTV4U...aka 24/7 infomercials are placed; it seems like they use it as a backup feed to provide some programming if the WeatherNation feed drops out and a few hours when they get some revenue. I panicked when I checked in with it this evening and it was on (and hideous in stretch-o-vision'ed 4:3), but it went back to WN after an hour.

John L

Interesting!  I changed out indoor antennas from a cheapy I had bought from Menards a while ago with an amplified HDTV antenna from Target and I get all stations except no signs of WIWN.   Hmmm....

I also have another set up with another amplified HDTV outdoor antenna I am experimenting with indoors that I bought from Heartland America and rotating it around, no signs of it appearing on ch. 5.  They do transmit their DTV signal on VHF ch. 5 if I recall.

-John L.

Jack 1000

Quote from: John L;60014Interesting!  I changed out indoor antennas from a cheapy I had bought from Menards a while ago with an amplified HDTV antenna from Target and I get all stations except no signs of WIWN.   Hmmm....

I also have another set up with another amplified HDTV outdoor antenna I am experimenting with indoors that I bought from Heartland America and rotating it around, no signs of it appearing on ch. 5.  They do transmit their DTV signal on VHF ch. 5 if I recall.

-John L.

I was under the impression that the station had been sold.  Not that it would be worth that much anyway.  Since TWC has not yet added it, I wonder if new management is involved for that channel?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

jrh1985

Quote from: mrschimpf;60013It's still on, just fine on Charter. However there are some timeslots where ONTV4U...aka 24/7 infomercials are placed; it seems like they use it as a backup feed to provide some programming if the WeatherNation feed drops out and a few hours when they get some revenue. I panicked when I checked in with it this evening and it was on (and hideous in stretch-o-vision'ed 4:3), but it went back to WN after an hour.

Was WIWN bought buy someone? ONTV4U has been on every day from 9 to 5 and from 10PM till who knows when! However, WN is back on by 4 AM.

mrschimpf

Quote from: jrh1985;60016Was WIWN bought buy someone? ONTV4U has been on every day from 9 to 5 and from 10PM till who knows when! However, WN is back on by 4 AM.

Yup, as I said in another WIWN thread, some small group which mainly ran do-nothing MTV Tres stations is running it under a local marketing agreement until the sale from Pappas goes through, so they're putting on infomercials in random non-sensical slots in the same way Live Well on 4.3 does.

jjallou

Now that the weather is gone (for the most part) I find the channel more useless now. Might as well turn it off.