News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDHomerun Prime Tuning Adapter\Cable Card Issue

Started by SeymourBootay, Monday Mar 31, 2014, 08:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeymourBootay

Hello Everyone,
I recently found time to start working on my HTPC setup and I am having an issue finding the channels I want.  I have a HDHomerun Prime with an activated cable card that is connected to a Tuning Adapter via USB and a coax from the line out of the Tuning Adapter.  The line in on the tuning adapter is my cable line coming in. When I browse to the HDHomerun Prime's admin page and run a Channel scan it does not detect any good channels (when I say good I mean channels I want to view) but does find a handful of other channels. No TNT\USA\FX\Any Digital Channels and no HD Channels.  Time Warner assures me the card is properly activated and should be receiving all of my subscribed channels and the problem must be in my set up.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Snard

Hi Seymour,

I've been running an HDHRPrime on Time Warner Cable for a while now, and I had the same issue when I was setting it up. The short version: the channel scan doesn't work, but you don't really need to do it. If the card is activated, it will "just work" from your media center app. Which are you using? I went with Windows Media Center running from a computer with Windows 7 Professional. Once you've gone through the activation sequence for CableCard and downloaded the guide, it works pretty well.

Shoot me an email if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them.

Mike
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

SeymourBootay

Thanks Mike that is encouraging. My HTPV is running windows 7 professional and does have Media Center.  I will try it there to ensure functionality.  My goal is to have it run utilizing a MythTv backend I have configured in a virtual server on one of my servers and using XBMC as the frontend.  I've been a long time user of xbmc and would prefer to use it, but I could easily set it up to jump into Media Center for tv viewing if it came down to it.  I have recently bought a house so I have finally begun implementing my home automation fantasies, that is the main reason for wanting to run everything out of xbmc - as it is open source I can easily integrate with my home automation software I am developing (plus it has a very sexy interface). I will let you know how it goes and if I having any specific questions.

SeymourBootay

Thanks again Mike I was able to get the hdhomerun prime working in Windows Media Center.  Next step is to figure out my id I can get it to work through MythTv.