News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cable Card Tuning Adapter Question

Started by Tivoman44, Tuesday Feb 25, 2014, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

To Loadstar, and others.  I have two TiVo series 3 HD boxes.  Both TiVos have a multi stream cable card and tuning adapter.  I am thinking of buying a TiVo Roamio.  

If I bought a Roamio, I probably would NOT get a third Cable Card/TA.  I would probably put one of the Series 3 into another room and not use a Cable Card/TA, mainly because I don't use that room that much.  

Can I take a CC/TA out of one of the Series 3 and put into the new Roamio, or would this require me to call TWC to reactivate/pair it with the Roamio?

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;59855To Loadstar, and others.  I have two TiVo series 3 HD boxes.  Both TiVos have a multi stream cable card and tuning adapter.  I am thinking of buying a TiVo Roamio.  

If I bought a Roamio, I probably would NOT get a third Cable Card/TA.  I would probably put one of the Series 3 into another room and not use a Cable Card/TA, mainly because I don't use that room that much.  

Can I take a CC/TA out of one of the Series 3 and put into the new Roamio, or would this require me to call TWC to reactivate/pair it with the Roamio?

Tuning Adapter can be moved without issue. The CableCard, however, must be repaired. To do so, call the National Cable Card Support desk at 1-866-532-2598.

Since you are getting a Roamio, you might consider selling both of the S3's and replacing them with Minis. Just a thought.