News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC - DVR Compensation Gone

Started by grenier, Thursday Jul 11, 2013, 09:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoadStar

Quote from: markd;59467Google Voice is basically call forwarding.  You still need a number to send the call to. I have no cell coverage in my house.

You can get devices like the Obi-100 et. al. that are adapters that let you use standard analog telephones with Google Voice.

http://www.obihai.com/googlevoice.php

duncantuna

I still have a land line.  Cell phone voice quality sucks donkey balls.  

I've tried two different VOIP companies with Roadrunner .. both were about the same.  80% of the calls were fine, 20% were horrid.  

I hate dropping $30 a month on a land line, but I want a phone that has perfect voice quality, 100% of the time.

Nels Harvey

I hung onto one landline just for backup and fax line usage.  When line quality was so bad my faxes wouldn't go through, and I had to use the Vonage line, and Ma Bell raised the rates, I went to two Vonage lines for a lot less money.  Oh yeah, I now have unlimited LD on both lines, and no per call surcharge.  Bye bye Ma Bell.  My calls are clear and loud now.  The hand writing is on the wall for her!
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.