News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Caller ID On TV Weirdness

Started by grenier, Saturday Jun 08, 2013, 04:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Picture  working great now.  They called and left a message that others are having problems in the area.  Hopefully, this is fixed.  Caller ID on TV is still showing multiple times.

Main reason for cancellation is I don't want the guy just coming in and swapping out the box.

Jack

PS.  Grenier, did you report your Caller ID issues?
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59391Grenier, did you report your Caller ID issues?

I sent a direct message via Twitter, I haven't heard back.
Cisco 8640HDC

grenier

Rebooted both the modem and the cable box, calls still logging five times (at least). I never heard back via my Twitter message.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59393Rebooted both the modem and the cable box, calls still logging five times (at least). I never heard back via my Twitter message.

They did major maintenance last night for about an hour around 4am to Phone and Internet.  For Twitter, check your DM box.  The mail icon changes to a different color if you have private Tweets.  I think something major broke with the Caller ID software affecting so many people earlier in the week and that is why they are having problems.  My reception issues SEEM to be gone.

Jack

Jack 1000

I opened up a support message at TWC Community Forums for anybody with the Caller ID on TV function logging the same calls multiple times:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/Caller-ID-on-TV-Logging-Same-Calls-Multiple-Times/m-p/1469#M18

You will need to get a My Services account, or use your My Services account to log in and post your experiences with this issue.  I want to find out if this is related exclusively to the Wisconsin area.

Jack

grenier

It's still messed up for me. I never heard back from my Twitter message, great customer service.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

This is Time Warner Cable's Executive Customer Service Complaint information:

http://consumerist.com/2008/11/04/reach-time-warner-cable-executive-customer-service-2/

You could call and say that your Caller ID has been logging multiple calls for a week with TWC and nothing is being done to fix it.  Comments below seem to indicate issues get fixed within a day.

Jack

Jack 1000

Had the cable guy out,

Really nice!  He said our signals were good, and he swapped the box to hopefully avoid the pixilation  problem we have been having every few days.  He said that they had a staff meeting about the Caller ID on TV thing and the consensus was that as long as its working, the powers that be don't really care about the calls duplicating.  The tech seemed very honest, and spoke clearly.  

We have the swapped boxed activated so it's just going to be wait and see.

Jack

grenier

Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59399What box did they give you?

Still the SA-8300HDC.  Picture seems clearer though and when he activated it from his truck, after the Cable Card boot up there was a screen that said something like.

"Your TV Experience Will Begin in a Few Moments" (or similar words.)  The bottom of the screen in the center had a count-down button that corresponded to the L-11, L-10...(ect) on the screen.  I had never seen that quoted message before.

Still same version of Navigator.  DVR Compensation is still there.  The only thing that I had to do was I set the SD channels to Stretch. And I had to change channels before the box would take the Stretch setting.

The older software started counting down at L-13.  This one starts at L-11, so something was shortened in the boot sector sequence.  The box I just swapped also had the count-down start at L-11.

He  also gave me a little "Getting Started With TWC book."  The tech had his name and cell number inside the pocket of the book, which I thought was a nice touch.  I liked his honesty about the Caller ID.  He could have lied and said, "Oh, yea, we are really working on it and hopefully it will be fixed soon."  Instead he said, "We had a staff meeting and the consensus was that as long as it was working, our guys didn't really care when it got fixed.  They felt that as long as it is logging the calls, that this was the most important aspect.

He also called ahead of time and asked some questions just to verify the problems we were having, how long they were going on, could we guess the age of the box.  This tech was excellent.

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59395I opened up a support message at TWC Community Forums for anybody with the Caller ID on TV function logging the same calls multiple times:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/Caller-ID-on-TV-Logging-Same-Calls-Multiple-Times/m-p/1469#M18

Really nice of them to not bother to respond to your message, more great customer support from Time Warner.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Finally fixed, for the last day or so.  At least here in Brookfield.

Jack

grenier

Cisco 8640HDC