News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Caller ID On TV Weirdness

Started by grenier, Saturday Jun 08, 2013, 04:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grenier

Just today my cable box started logging every phone call multiple times, three or four times for each call. I didn't reboot the box yet.

Anyone else having this quirk?
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59376Just today my cable box started logging every phone call multiple times, three or four times for each call. I didn't reboot the box yet.

Anyone else having this quirk?

Yes.  Same problem here in Brookfield.  We had a call that was logged eight times last night!  It's not just you.

I am going to report to TWC-Wisconsin on Twitter so that they know.  You should too, so they know the problem is not just one customer.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

grenier

It seems to be fixed. I'm not sure when though, I didn't get any calls for many hours.
Cisco 8640HDC

grenier

I spoke too soon, it's still logging calls multiple times.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59379I spoke too soon, it's still logging calls multiple times.

Same issues as you.  Seemed to be fixed yesterday but it didn't last.

Jack

grenier

It seems to be getting worse, I had one call show up seven times.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59381It seems to be getting worse, I had one call show up seven times.

Same here.  Earlier this morning.  Had a call repeated seven times.   I haven't had recent calls later today, so we will see what happens next.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59382Same here.  Earlier this morning.  Had a call repeated seven times.   I haven't had recent calls later today, so we will see what happens next.

Jack

I sent a Tweet (i.e through Twitter) to our Wisconsin division.  You can sign in or Log into Twitter and do the same:

https://twitter.com/TWC_Wisconsin

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59383I sent a Tweet (i.e through Twitter) to our Wisconsin division.  You can sign in or Log into Twitter and do the same:

https://twitter.com/TWC_Wisconsin

Jack

They suggested a box reboot. (What else?)  Come to think of it though, I recall an issue like this a few years ago and a box reboot fixed it, so will try later.  If you do a box reboot and it fixes this, let me know.

Jack

Jack 1000

Rebooted,

Same problem only worse!  Now many channels are gone!  I got a truck roll for Wednesday.

Jack

grenier

I did a reboot, now I need to wait for a call.

What channels are missing?
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59386I did a reboot, now I need to wait for a call.

What channels are missing?

Too many to mention.  My guess is we have had power outages and storms about a month ago and some water or crap got into one of the cable lines causing all of this.  I'll bet its the main drop.

Jack

grenier

Mine is still screwed up, but it's only logging the calls five times each.
Cisco 8640HDC

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59385I got a truck roll for Wednesday.

How long do you think the tech will be there before they say you need to do a box swap?
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;59389How long do you think the tech will be there before they say you need to do a box swap?

Luckily I cleared off the DVR.  Another user at AVS has also reported the Caller ID on TV issue.  I just want it taken care of, that's all.

The channels seem to be back now.  Have not tested Caller ID.

Jack