News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC-Brookfield-Please Investigate Pixiation on Fox News HD 1352

Started by Jack 1000, Saturday May 04, 2013, 10:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Dear TWC,

We live in the Greenfield Heights Subdivision of Brookfield and am requesting a signal investigation of Fox News Channel HD channel 1352, which has been pixiating every 3-4 days.  A reboot of the box only provides a temporary fix, or in other cases does not help at all.  By about the fourth day, the channel will fix itself, only to have the issue reoccur within a few days  This has been going on for the last several weeks.  During this on-off 3-4 day occurrence, occasionally the SD version of Fox News will go out as well, but it is mostly related to the HD feed.

I think this is a signal line problem and don't want a tech to come out just to replace the box without first checking the issues in the area.  This is where we stand at this time.  Please begin monitoring of this channel for the next 30-60 days.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

Because this is such an intermittent issue, I am going to be providing information about when the channel goes on and off, until I consider the problem resolved.  Today, Sunday May 5th all was fine until about 10PM.  There was picture pixiation about 9:50PM, than it went out at 10PM will monitor for the techs who I know read this board and have solved problems like this.

Jack

ddeerrff

Jack, do the people who can help actually read here, or would you be better off contacting TWC directly - phone, email, chat, or the tech direct forum over at DSLR?  The last helped me out of a problem a while ago that no one else seemed to be able to fix.

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;59321Jack, do the people who can help actually read here, or would you be better off contacting TWC directly - phone, email, chat, or the tech direct forum over at DSLR?  The last helped me out of a problem a while ago that no one else seemed to be able to fix.

They seem to know,

My issue with Fox News have been fixed for the last two days.  TWC Direct SEEMS to only be able to help if a network is totally down.  Many times they also think a box swap is the answer to everyone's problems.  I have had success here.  However, TWC Direct is better for one-on-one communication because:

1.) You don't have to wait on the phone.
2.) Your issue remains as an open ticket for 30 days
3.) You can request things be added or modified to your work order by replying in the thread.  Much easier doing it like this than on the phone.
4.) If I think its a local problem relating to line or signal-I would post here.  If I think it is an equipment issue, or am totally out of the service(s), I would post at TWC Direct.

Jack

Jack 1000

Fox News channel 1352 off again.  Saturday, May 11, 2013.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59326Fox News channel 1352 off again.  Saturday, May 11, 2013.

Jack

• Back on now.  Was off from about 5am this morning to 1PM
  • It goes off and comes back on in approximate 4-7 day increments
  • Both HD/SD stations are affected by this, but the HD feed more often
  • No other stations are affected
Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59328
  • Back on now.  Was off from about 5am this morning to 1PM
  • It goes off and comes back on in approximate 4-7 day increments
  • Both HD/SD stations are affected by this, but the HD feed more often
  • No other stations are affected
Jack

Fox News Channel is acting up again. Techs who may be investigating, just consider this an on-going issue in my subdivision.  I also will assess  this as an intermittent issue.  I will reply back in this thread and consider this issue resolved,  when  the channel itself (1352HD) has had no issues for 30 days.

OR

I will also report if we set up a service call for this problem. However, I am absolutely convinced that if we do, all they are going to do is swap the box, check the signal, and the station and signal  will be fine when the tech is here.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;59329Fox News Channel is acting up again. Techs who may be investigating, just consider this an on-going issue in my subdivision.  I also will assess  this as an intermittent issue.  I will reply back in this thread and consider this issue resolved,  when  the channel itself (1352HD) has had no issues for 30 days.

OR

I will also report if we set up a service call for this problem. However, I am absolutely convinced that if we do, all they are going to do is swap the box, check the signal, and the station and signal  will be fine when the tech is here.

Jack

Yes, I can report a fairly consistent pattern at this time:

Fox News HD goes out about every three to five days for several hours, than comes back with no issues, than the problem repeats itself no more than five days later. This has been happening for at least a month.

Jack