News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC unencrypted QAM channel changes

Started by amdhtpc, Thursday Jan 17, 2013, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amdhtpc

Need help.  Does any one have the current unencrypted QAM channel list for TWC?  I lost channel 4 & 6 plus all the sub channels as well.  Time Warner has apparently moved these channels and has a message on the screen for both channels 4 & 6 stating to "reprogram your tv to continue receiving this station".  I've rescanned the channels with my tuner card and instead of the usual 23 channels it now only finds 18?

I'm using an HTPC with Windows 7 Media Center and an ATI QAM tuner.  If someone could come up with the updated list of unencrypted clear QAM stations on TWC then we could at least enter them manually unless their encrypting those channels now as well.

KryptoNyte

So this was the channel reconfig that Time Warner warned about.  I can report that all my prior QAM channels are still working fine with HDHomeRun clearQAM tuners (which is all the local channels).

If your channels are not tuning, I'd recommend tuning again.  None of the locals are encrypted.

mrschimpf

SilliconDust has finally began to update again after a half-year hiatus. Here's the 53201 page, which should correspond to much of the metro so you can check your channel positions. Indeed some of the images show that they have been reprogrammed to other feeds.

bink105

Multiple Hauppauge USB sticks, a couple avermedia, and another tuner as well.  All have lost the FOX and NBC (and I believe a couple others) within the last week.  I get the same message displayed.  I've tried multiple scans to no avail.  I do have 2 HDHomeruns buried somewhere that I guess I'll try again but I wasn't very happy with them in the past (difficult to set up and I'd get more quality errors after editing with VideoRedo than with the Hauppauge/Avermedia sticks).

If anyone hears of a fix, sure would appreciate guidance.

TW was no help.

KryptoNyte

I did have to re-scan with the HDHomeRun tuners to locate those channels that you gents mention [were remapped].  It was fairly painless, and the tuners did find all the channels immediately.

KryptoNyte

Quote from: bink105;59113Multiple Hauppauge USB sticks, a couple avermedia, and another tuner as well.  All have lost the FOX and NBC (and I believe a couple others) within the last week.  I get the same message displayed.  I've tried multiple scans to no avail.  I do have 2 HDHomeruns buried somewhere that I guess I'll try again but I wasn't very happy with them in the past (difficult to set up and I'd get more quality errors after editing with VideoRedo than with the Hauppauge/Avermedia sticks).

If anyone hears of a fix, sure would appreciate guidance.

TW was no help.

I've noticed the HDHR's seem to be finicky when it comes to signal, at least at first.  If you have a splitter from your main, I've tried to minimize the cable length between the HDHR and this feed, as well as any surrounding interference.  Additionally, while one of your HDHR's is recording, bring up the HDHR Config application and watch the signal levels - while watching those levels for any given channel, physically more the HDHR around bending the coax cable back and forth - leave it where the signal is strongest.

KryptoNyte

bink105

Thank you very much - I'm going to try to hook up my HDHomeRun's again tomorrow and give it another shot.

KryptoNyte

Quote from: mrschimpf;59111SilliconDust has finally began to update again after a half-year hiatus. Here's the 53201 page, which should correspond to much of the metro so you can check your channel positions. Indeed some of the images show that they have been reprogrammed to other feeds.

Sorry, mrschimpf, I didn't notice you had already linked to that page.

bink105

amdhtpc - try running another scan today - miraculously, ch 4 and 6 are back (along with a few others).  I was just about to disconnect my other cards and set up HDHomerun again, but thought I'd give it another shot - and here we are.  I'm convinced TW had something to do with this because it not only impacted my cards connected to computers, but also impacted a TV with a built in QAM tuner as well.  As of today, I get 28 channels on the computers and 31 on the TV.

tekdredger

I'm in Franklin and lost all the local HD and sub-channels via TWC clear QAM.  Fox 6-HD was the first to disappear on Thursday.  Saturday morning we noticed all the rest displayed a black screen on my Toshiba LCD.  I rescanned and basically only get analog channels.  My HD-DVR on my main system is unaffected.  I also got one of the new Cisco digital adapters on a bedroom TV and it also works fine.  Only my Toshiba in the kitchen is missing the HD channels.
I found some notes with google search that seem to indicate that the FCC requirement for cable providers to distribute local content "in the clear" does not apply to HD content.  Me thinks TWC figured they could save some bandwidth by cutting the HD versions and force us all to get the adaptor boxes.  I wonder about the sub-channels though...how do the FCC regulations apply here?