• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN has a new look

Started by trev57, Tuesday Sep 11, 2012, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trev57

WISN 12 News debuted new graphics and music tonight at 5p. The package is Hearst's new standardized graphics that they are rolling out to all stations. The graphics are awesome, IMO, but clash with the set (which already looks bad compared to TMJ4's new set).

mrschimpf

Love the graphics; really need to get used to the music because I'm among the types that believe electric guitars don't belong in news music (but certainly less than the grating standard Fox package). Definitely need the backgrounds on the set to better match the new image.

What sticks out like a sore thumb is Dan Needles and the sports department completely left out of the 10pm talent bump for now (for obvious reasons).

trev57

Quote from: mrschimpf;58885What sticks out like a sore thumb is Dan Needles and the sports department completely left out of the 10pm talent bump for now (for obvious reasons).

I noticed that too. They even borrowed Bob Brainerd to do reports from Lambeau since Dario has to be in studio. Talk about a mess in that department...

jrh1985

LOVE THIS LOOK!!!!!!!! I think this what WISN needed! They have not been stable with their opens.  I can't remember the last time I saw an open during 12 News This Morning during the week! Also, at 5, 6 & 10, they been using their "Right Now On 12 News" open. Come to think of it, I wonder how they will open the news if they have to open with Breaking News?

As for the talent opens:  LOVE THEM!!! However, a few Questions, 12 News This morning now has 2 talent opens, one for Patrick, Portia and Marianne and one for Sally and Matt. My question is I wonder why Jeremy wasn't in there.  Unless they'll put his name in there on his work days. (He's in for Sally this morning so I'm guessing this is Sally's regular work day?)

I sometimes watch WESH 2 News online and I can't recall Sports in their talent opens either. Does Hearst put Sports in their new talent open packages???

Speaking of Dan, Has he been on at all? I just got back into town Sun night after a vacation. (I do know what happened with Dan, read about it while out of town) Dan's name is still on their site, Bob's name in not, is that normal????

Anyone remember the last time WISN had a change like this??? Seems to me, WISN hasn't gotten every Hearst refresh. Seems like they've had the same L3rds forever before last night

trev57

Quote from: jrh1985;58887As for the talent opens:  LOVE THEM!!! However, a few Questions, 12 News This morning now has 2 talent opens, one for Patrick, Portia and Marianne and one for Sally and Matt. My question is I wonder why Jeremy wasn't in there.  Unless they'll put his name in there on his work days. (He's in for Sally this morning so I'm guessing this is Sally's regular work day?)

Speaking of Dan, Has he been on at all? I just got back into town Sun night after a vacation. (I do know what happened with Dan, read about it while out of town) Dan's name is still on their site, Bob's name in not, is that normal????

Anyone remember the last time WISN had a change like this??? Seems to me, WISN hasn't gotten every Hearst refresh. Seems like they've had the same L3rds forever before last night

Jeremy Nelson usually works weekend mornings with Abe Lubetkin, that's why he's not on the talent open during the week.

Dan has not been on TV or radio since his arrest. As of now, Dan is still the sports director at WISN, which is why he is still on the website. Bob Brainerd doesn't officially work for WISN. He's freelancing like Matt Salmon occasionally does.

The last time WISN had a change like this was probably when they went from this to their previous graphics.