News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

When TWCwill end Analog Cable Channels

Started by sk1927, Tuesday Sep 30, 2014, 09:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sk1927

Has anyone heard when TWC in the MKE area, TWC will stop providing channels via Analog cable.  I've not yet taken the time to go the Cablecard route with my TiVo boxes.  But I am still receiving analog signals with those boxes - and using antenna for OTA channels.  I've heard the MKE area might be the last location where TWC will stop the analog signals - in 2016.  And I've not heard of any changes this fall.

PaulKTF

They probably won't roll-out the all-digital TWC Maxx (which would mean the end of analog cable) until late 2016 or early 2017, assuming the Charter deal falls apart (and it's looking more and more likely that it will).
-Paul

LoadStar

Quote from: PaulKTF;60203They probably won't roll-out the all-digital TWC Maxx (which would mean the end of analog cable) until late 2016 or early 2017, assuming the Charter deal falls apart (and it's looking more and more likely that it will).

Haven't heard that. Everything I've heard says the merger is only a matter of time. (And as for time, it could be all the way until mid-year, despite the "180-day shot clock.")

Tivoman44

NOT wanting to get a cable box, what alternatives are there besides a cable card?  Isn't there a really small box that can be hooked up via HDMI that's only $1.00 or $2.00 a month?

PaulKTF

Quote from: Tivoman44;60210NOT wanting to get a cable box, what alternatives are there besides a cable card?  Isn't there a really small box that can be hooked up via HDMI that's only $1.00 or $2.00 a month?

No, you really do need the box supplied by TWC.
-Paul

duncantuna

Mental note .. I got a Roku a month ago .. if you have TWC RoadRunner, there is a TWC app on the Roku that roughly functions as a cable box.

It's not a DVR, you can't pause or record .. but it has a guide and the video streams in HD.  

You can buy the Roku stick for around $40 these days .. allowing you to not rent a cable box.

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;60210NOT wanting to get a cable box, what alternatives are there besides a cable card?  Isn't there a really small box that can be hooked up via HDMI that's only $1.00 or $2.00 a month?

Yes, it's what they call a Digital Adapter. It has no on-screen guide and no program info, but it does tune in the vast majority of channels, including (I believe) switched digital channels.

Unfortunately, it looks like the prices for those have gone up as well... the January 2016 rate card shows they're renting for $3.25 each.