News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

MeTV Moving on August 7, 2012

Started by SRW1000, Saturday Aug 04, 2012, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Saw this on an onscreen crawl this afternoon.

Starting Tuesday, August 7, you'll find MeTV on broadcast channel 58.2 and on channel 41 on DirectTV and Dish.  Time Warner Cable, Charter Communication and AT&T will not be affected by this change.

There go our recent hopes of seeming full HD bandwidth on CBS 58.

Scott

trev57

PONIES

Milwaukee's affiliates are so stupid. They've all got a major flaw about them. Our PBS is dreadful now, downscaling to 720p; our NBC's encoders suck; our ABC affiliate may be full bitrate but it upscales ABC network programming to 1080i which is pointless and slaps its own second bug on top of ABC programming - something NO other ABC affiliate does... and now of course we get to our CBS which has way too many subchannels and as such has a pathetic bitrate.

Why does WDJT need 3 subchannels? Why aren't they spreading it out and putting some on WMLW? CBS's network programming is more worthy of better looking HD than WMLW's primarily standard definition syndication catalog. I don't see why WMLW deserves a full ATSC bitrate over CBS's programming.

Why is Weigel such a worthless company?

Jack 1000

Quote from: PONIES;58740Milwaukee's affiliates are so stupid. They've all got a major flaw about them. Our PBS is dreadful now, downscaling to 720p; our NBC's encoders suck; our ABC affiliate may be full bitrate but it upscales ABC network programming to 1080i which is pointless and slaps its own second bug on top of ABC programming - something NO other ABC affiliate does... and now of course we get to our CBS which has way too many subchannels and as such has a pathetic bitrate.

Why does WDJT need 3 subchannels? Why aren't they spreading it out and putting some on WMLW? CBS's network programming is more worthy of better looking HD than WMLW's primarily standard definition syndication catalog. I don't see why WMLW deserves a full ATSC bitrate over CBS's programming.

Why is Weigel such a worthless company?

+1!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

techguy1975

Quote from: PONIES;58740our ABC affiliate may be full bitrate but it upscales ABC network programming to 1080i which is pointless and slaps its own second bug on top of ABC programming - something NO other ABC affiliate does...

So..you've personally seen all 200+ ABC affils. to make this claim?  Somehow..I think not..the second bug thing is far more common than you think.

PONIES

I've seen Phoenix's ABC, Amarillo's ABC, Dallas's ABC, Chicago's ABC, New York's ABC, an ABC affiliate from Pennsylvania ...

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.