News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Agreement Reached Between WISN-Channel 12 and TWC!

Started by Jack 1000, Thursday Jul 19, 2012, 08:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

According to reports,

TWC/Hearst have FINALLY signed a multi-year contract and Channel 12 (Channel 1012 in HD) should be back on TWC Milwaukee/Metro-Milwaukee systems shortly:

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/WISN-News/WISN-to-return-to-Time-Warner-Cable/-/10447736/15613476/-/jkb8rkz/-/index.html

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LoadStar

As of 9:00, it is indeed back on, at least here in Brookfield.

PONIES

Well, this is terrible news.

I hate affiliates and I hate Hearst.

ddeerrff

Somewhere, I have seen posted a list of content providers and what TWC has to pay for each - apparently it is public infomation.  Anyone have a link to that chart and/or any idea the terms of the TWC/Hearst agreement.

"Pennies a day" - $0.02 per day is $0.60 per month, for a normally free OTA station.  How many unique channels does  TWC carry on their standard tier?  Add in the cost to keep the distribution infrastructure functional.  No wonder cable TV prices are through the roof.

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: ddeerrff;58715Somewhere, I have seen posted a list of content providers and what TWC has to pay for each - apparently it is public infomation.  Anyone have a link to that chart and/or any idea the terms of the TWC/Hearst agreement.

I'd love to see it too, but I can't imagine that is public info.  They may still have franchise agreements that are subject to audit by regulators, but I have to guess that they would share this info for audit purposes only with a stipulation that it shall remain confidential.