News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Opinion: Sharp 70" LED LCD TV

Started by Nels Harvey, Saturday Dec 24, 2011, 10:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nels Harvey

After the holidays, we have decided to upgrade our whole living room, including a new TV.  I have been considering the Sharp Model: LC70LE732U LED LCD TV.  I'm interested in any opinions you may have regarding Sharp TV's, where to buy it, whether I should consider 3D, Service problems, tips, or anything else I ought to know.

I am not interested in a DLP, or plasma TV.

Nothing is wrong with my 60" Hitachi RP LCD, and it will be available after we upgrade.

With that, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

kevbeck122

I have a 46" Sharp that I got 4 years ago (LC-46D64U).  The only picture problem I have is a band in the middle of the screen.  I've adjusted the picture so that it's only visible during a bright scene (mainly all white), so it doesn't really bother me.  The only other thing I've experienced is the TV locking up and power cycling itself (happened only two or three times at random).  Otherwise the picture is great and the TV has been reliable other than the minor things I mentioned.

Costco sells the bigger Sharps, including the 80".  I saw them at the new Pewaukee location back in October.

ArgMeMatey

Here's a general article.  Lots of info that I'd heard before but I found the analysis of viewing distance and pixel size interesting.  

http://www.economist.com/node/21540381

Gregg Lengling

I've had my 65" Sharpe LCD for a number of years now and have been totally happy with the product.  Picture and quality is superb...it's our main viewing Tv we don't go to the theater.  We watch Sat, Netflix, Bluerays ect with the Bose it's just like being in the theater but more comfortable and the treats are a lot cheaper (not to  mention private bathrooms).
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Nels Harvey

Well, I found a Sharp Aquos 70" TV at Costco.  It's up on the wall, and even the small change from a 60" size to 70" is impressive.  Now the wife wants new furniture!  Oh well, what good is money if you don't spend it? :-)
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer

Will

Quote from: Nels Harvey;58246Well, I found a Sharp Aquos 70" TV at Costco.  It's up on the wall, and even the small change from a 60" size to 70" is impressive.  Now the wife wants new furniture!  Oh well, what good is money if you don't spend it? :-)

Congrats on the purchase!

You may want to see if they'll do a price adjustment.  I just got an email from Sam's club advertising a sale on the same TV -- it's $2597 there vs. the $2800 shown on Costco's website.

Nels Harvey

Quote from: Will;58247Congrats on the purchase!

You may want to see if they'll do a price adjustment.  I just got an email from Sam's club advertising a sale on the same TV -- it's $2597 there vs. the $2800 shown on Costco's website.
Thanks Will,  I purchased the 70LE733U from Costco for $2600.  They also have the 70LE632U set there for $2100.  The 70LE733U has the yellow pixel added and is supposed to show yellow much better.  It also has an enhanced refresh rate, better than 120Hz.   They call it AQUOmotion 240.  I don't think it is fully 240Hz. but seems great for sports.

I'm sure that now I have the TV, the price will plummet!  Thanks for the interest.  I really do like the TV and have my Bose sound system hooked up for great sound.
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer