• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Brookfield-TWC:Intermittent Loss of Picture on Some Channels-Early Mornings

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Jan 02, 2012, 03:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58185Well I did a cold reboot, which brought back some channels.  However, some are still out on the basic/standard tier.

17/112
40/1131 (Only HD that seems to be out)

* Special note-Just got an on-screen message that TWC is updating PPV and VOD services between 12-6am.  Fine.  Maybe they could do a little maintenance out here with these intermittent channel issues as well!

I suspect within no more than a week, the others will go out too.

Jack

PS. I don't care so much about the SD channels, but I would like to see at least channel 7 and 19 fixed.  Especially channel 19, because I watch a lot of shows on that channel and there is no HD equivlant.  However, when the HD versions of the stations go out, like for instance,  1005 and 1012, that is frustrating for our family, because we like ABC-HD and CBS-HD's shows a lot!

All Music Channels in the 900's are out too.
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Nels Harvey

Um... My Dish Network system works every day!  Just saying..
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58150Another updated list of the affected channels in the wee hours of the morning in the city of Brookfield-Greenfield Heights subdivision.  

Please note TWC that a asterisk (*) next to the channel, indicates the channel that is most problematic.  Channels without an asterisk may still have issues, but the asterisked channels seem to be the worse with that loss of picture, that can occur in the late evening to early morning hours.  12 am-5 am seems to be a good estimated range:  The channels are:

*2/*359
*3/*202/*1202
4/1004
*5/*1005
*7*982

Hope this helps. Went through and created this list at about 3 am on January 3, 2012.  I will post updates accordingly.  One again, a cold box reboot, just brings the issue back between 48-72 hours later.

Jack

Rebooting only brought back some of the channels.  The stations are going to go out in a day or so again most likely.  Very busy and don't have time to set up a service call.  Afraid of getting someone incompetent.  Leaving it to fate for now, in the HOPE that somebody in my subdivision and node will report this in the coming days, or that a TWC supervisory tech team might want to just come out and check my sub-division.  Channels have been restored sometimes just sitting this out.  However, after the reboot, everything else is pretty much the same as it was.  I know TWC techs read issues and solve problems on this board.  Use my guide as a reference concerning the stations indicated to diagnose and fix the source of this issue.

A side-note is that Road Runner and Digital Phone perform flawlessly!  I will be printing out the problematic channels in question for future reference.

Here is the list of channels that I respectfully submit that TWC should investigate in my node.  City of Brookfield, Greenfield Heights Sub Division.  Signal Monitoring of this node needs to be set up, because for the past six months, NOTHING has stayed resolved.

TWC PROBLEMS WITH THE FOLLOWING STATIONS OVER LAST SEVERAL MONTHS. REBOOTING ONLY REPRODUCES THE LOSS OF
PICTURE WITHIN A FEW HOURS TO DAYS LATER:
(City of Brookfield: Greenfield Heights Sub Division:)

UPDATED January 10th, 2012

2/359
3/1202
7/982
10/1010
12/1012
17/112
18/1018
40/1131

Music Channels are out again today January 10th.  Others stations may also be affected from time to time.  The above list represents the channels with the biggest problems.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58191Rebooting only brought back some of the channels.  The stations are going to go out in a day or so again most likely.  Very busy and don't have time to set up a service call.  Afraid of getting someone incompetent.  Leaving it to fate for now, in the HOPE that somebody in my subdivision and node will report this in the coming days, or that a TWC supervisory tech team might want to just come out and check my sub-division.  Channels have been restored sometimes just sitting this out.  However, after the reboot, everything else is pretty much the same as it was.  I know TWC techs read issues and solve problems on this board.  Use my guide as a reference concerning the stations indicated to diagnose and fix the source of this issue.

A side-note is that Road Runner and Digital Phone perform flawlessly!  I will be printing out the problematic channels in question for future reference.

Here is the list of channels that I respectfully submit that TWC should investigate in my node.  City of Brookfield, Greenfield Heights Sub Division.  Signal Monitoring of this node needs to be set up, because for the past six months, NOTHING has stayed resolved.

TWC PROBLEMS WITH THE FOLLOWING STATIONS OVER LAST SEVERAL MONTHS. REBOOTING ONLY REPRODUCES THE LOSS OF
PICTURE WITHIN A FEW HOURS TO DAYS LATER:
(City of Brookfield: Greenfield Heights Sub Division:)

UPDATED January 10th, 2012

2/359
3/1202
7/982
10/1010
12/1012
17/112
18/1018
40/1131

Music Channels are out again today January 10th.  Others stations may also be affected from time to time.  The above list represents the channels with the biggest problems.

Jack

I am going to be contacting the Technical Operations Supervisor for TWC.  Hopefully he/she or their appointee will be able to look at the signals for all these channels, my box, my node, everything, and get this intermittent channel loss issue resolved once and for all!

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;58192I am going to be contacting the Technical Operations Supervisor for TWC.  Hopefully he/she or their appointee will be able to look at the signals for all these channels, my box, my node, everything, and get this intermittent channel loss issue resolved once and for all!

Jack

If it's like my experience, they won't do anything until they send out a standard tech first. They'll do the usual, check signal levels and then say your box is bad. Hopefully you'll get a good tech.

I had one tech here and he saw the "channel not available message" on the tv, he said it was normal.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Update:

Just got a nice call from a Technical Operations Coordinator, who mentioned that they received my letter. Maintenance was done yesterday for a few hours. It was as if TWC had totally replaced something, because all the channels went blank and a cold reboot, brought them back. After 24 hours, no problems to report.

I informed TWC that signal monitoring be set up for my account for at least 60 days. Another tech is supposed to call back, because I was insistent, I want the channels in question to stay high quality for extended periods of time. Therefore, my box signals are going to be set up to be monitored.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58226Update:

Just got a nice call from a Technical Operations Coordinator, who mentioned that they received my letter. Maintenance was done yesterday for a few hours. It was as if TWC had totally replaced something, because all the channels went blank and a cold reboot, brought them back. After 24 hours, no problems to report.

I informed TWC that signal monitoring be set up for my account for at least 60 days. Another tech is supposed to call back, because I was insistent, I want the channels in question to stay high quality for extended periods of time. Therefore, my box signals are going to be set up to be monitored.

Jack

Issues still going on with the stations above.

Jack

Jack 1000

Tech Coordinator called today,

They got someone assigned to our node. Checking out signals/boxes (etc.)

Jack

Nels Harvey

Quote from: Jack 1000;58234Tech Coordinator called today,

They got someone assigned to our node. Checking out signals/boxes (etc.)

Jack
Good for you.  It looks like you hang on like a junk yard dog.  Keep it up!
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Jack 1000

Cable guy was here!

Source of the problem he thinks was a corroded cable connector, that had been in back of the TV for years. This was a call in response to this morning and the cable DVR got stuck, the TV went off by itself. That connector he thinks was the problem. Good tech! He also gave us his personal cell phone number if any issues come up.

Jack