News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Pixiation and Loss of Picture on A Few Channels-Brookfield

Started by Jack 1000, Tuesday Nov 15, 2011, 04:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

We had some guide lag in Brookfield and I had to do a box reboot today. That seemed to get the guide back in order. but I am having the following: (Greenfield Heights Sub Division.)

Loss of picture on channel 2 (CSPAN)
Loss of picture on channel 3/202 (TBS) (Note HD of TBS 1202 is perfect)
Pixiation on Channel 1005/1012 with occasional loss of picture.

Box reboot brought back all channels except for channel 2, 3/202, which show no picture.  We had our service on the line done Sunday, the 13th,  due to the tech finding low readings on our drop pole on Friday the 11th. I believe that the drop line was replaced.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

Reboot of box did not solve problem with loss of picture on most SD channels.  TWC please investigate loss of picture, which is now happening on almost ALL SD channels from 2-22.  The reboot of the box only temporarily fixes the issue:

In addition we have loss of picture on the following HD channels:

1005-HD CBS
1010-HD-PBS
1012-HD-ABC
1015-HD-WPXE

I am hoping this issue gets resolved today, (City of Brookfield-Greenfield Heights sub division.)  TWC please note that for the last two years, we have gone through three boxes and have had off and on issues with loss of picture on the HD stations listed above.  I am also requesting a special monitoring of channels 1005-1015 HD in the Milwaukee/Metro Milwaukee area for an indefinite period of time, as it is always these four stations that are an issue.  An SDV problem perhaps?  Bandwidth issues in the system?  It is often these four channels that are the most problematic.  The other issue with the loss of picture on channels 2-22 is recent, and has not happened before.

Jack

Jack 1000

Only a cold reboot brought those channels all back.  I did that just now.  No idea how long that is going to last.  I still want TWC to monitor, in the Brookfield area, channels 7/982, 1005, 1012, 1010, 1015, 1016, 1352, and 1353, with regularity, because it are those stations that have the pixiation the most often, moreso than any others.

Jack