News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Why You Should Get a CableCARD Tuner: The Video

Started by PONIES, Sunday Oct 23, 2011, 12:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PONIES

I think this brief video sums it all up:
(make sure you change video's resolution to 1080p and play it full screen!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaYEXnuQVmU

How anyone puts up with Time Warner's ugly and laggy "Navigator" interface when they could have THIS... I will never know.

budda

Pretty cool. Fast and not lacking any detail that's for sure.:)

KryptoNyte

What are you folks using for extenders?  It seems like all manufacturers gave up on WMC extenders and the only viable option at this point is the xbox 360.

kevbeck122

When I was using WMC with W7 and Vista I had a Linksys DMA2100.  It worked fine and I got a decent deal on it ($75 through Dell I believe).  Now they go for ~$150 on ebay.  I had a 360 a few years back and used that with XP MCE2005 and Vista.  Overall navigation and the WMC animations were a lot smoother on the 360 but the DMA2100's speed was still acceptable.

I think the main reason they gave up making them is because the 360 costs about the same as a standalone extender or less in some cases (MSRP).   I think the DMA2100 was $300 when it came out.

KryptoNyte

PONIES, you're pushing the advantages of this cablecard service fairly hard.  Can you please give us some idea of what extenders you're using to get programming to all televisions in the house, and how they are working?