News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What TWC Boxes Are Given Out in Milwaukee?

Started by Jack 1000, Friday Oct 21, 2011, 05:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

I just read, and I don't know how long ago this was, that in some TWC offices, they are still giving out some Pioneer boxes that are about 10 years out of date, which I find hard to believe!  To help customers doing box swaps for TWC, please list the TWC office you went to visit, the boxes they had, if known, and what you got in your exchange?

Did the CSR, try to give you an old Pioneer 1000-2000 box, an SA 1000, or SA-2000, or SA-3000 non-DVR unit, or even the old SA-8000 DVR, which is horrible with the new software!

Did you have to ask for a new box?  For reference, customers please note that the latest models for non-DVR users are the Cisco 4000 series and the Samsung 3000 series.  For DVR's it is the Cisco 8640 and the Samsung 3270.  These DVR's have double the storage of the SA-8300HDC and are single room DVR's. 320GB compared to 160GB.

Whole house DVR models are the Cisco 8642 and the Samsung 3272, but are generally not sold separately  because the tech has to put a filter on the line for multi-room capability.  If you are lucky to get one, the multi-room will be disabled until the tech activates it, but these boxes will come with a 500 GB hard drive.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;57943I just read, and I don't know how long ago this was, that in some TWC offices, they are still giving out some Pioneer boxes that are about 10 years out of date, which I find hard to believe!  To help customers doing box swaps for TWC, please list the TWC office you went to visit, the boxes they had, if known, and what you got in your exchange?

Did the CSR, try to give you an old Pioneer 1000-2000 box, an SA 1000, or SA-2000, or SA-3000 non-DVR unit, or even the old SA-8000 DVR, which is horrible with the new software!

Did you have to ask for a new box?  For reference, customers please note that the latest models for non-DVR users are the Cisco 4000 series and the Samsung 3000 series.  For DVR's it is the Cisco 8640 and the Samsung 3270.  These DVR's have double the storage of the SA-8300HDC and are single room DVR's. 320GB compared to 160GB.

Whole house DVR models are the Cisco 8642 and the Samsung 3272, but are generally not sold separately  because the tech has to put a filter on the line for multi-room capability.  If you are lucky to get one, the multi-room will be disabled until the tech activates it, but these boxes will come with a 500 GB hard drive.

Jack

The TWC Direct to Tech forum says the NEWEST boxes should be out in our Milwaukee based areas.  Tell the CSR what model number you want to get your desired box.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide