News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Question about Indoor Antenna

Started by Tivoman44, Saturday Oct 15, 2011, 12:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

So I keep jumping back and fourth between pay TV/no pay TV with the continual instability of the economy.

Earlier in the summer I was looking at using a Wingard Antenna that worked okay in my place (if no one remembers in Tosa, I'd say approximately 7 to 10 miles south west of the towers) which will work for one room.  The issue I had was that it was "Scatter Plane Technology To Receive Indoor Direct and Reflected Signals" so I had to use the amplifier and then put an attenuator so it didn't overload.

For another room I was looking at some other antennas and a "Paper thin" antenna to hang anywhere.  This has "Omnidirectional reception, no adjustments needed"

What exactly is the difference between Scatter Plane and Omnidirectional? And this is the link to what I was looking at

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Thin-Leaf-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B004QK7HI8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318698281&sr=1-3  

Anyone around here use an antenna like that and like it?

duncantuna

I'd like to know too .. the Amazon reviews on that antenna are highly positive.

My father in law has an embarrassing setup of crappy wires and an old UHF loop .. looking to improve his setup.

Tivoman44

Duncantuna, got it today and hooked it up.  It is literally like two pieces of construction paper put together and heavily laminated.  It has a coax built onto it.  I simply taped it up to the wall (it does come with velcro holders) and you can use tacs on the outside of the paper once you place it, and it is working great.  Did a signal test with my Tivo, every channel but 10 and 49 is pulling in 90s or 80s in strength.  10 and 49 were 70 something.  As I flipped through it worked great very minimal breakup.  Ch 18 that has signal issues is working amazing.  

And based on my research Omnidirectional means it can pull signals in from all directions without having to adjust such as with a pair of rabbit ears.

Highly recommend it.