• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

58's Slogan Should Be "Just 10 mbps."

Started by Bebop, Sunday Oct 16, 2011, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

PONIES

Just 10 Megabits! Just 10 Megabits! Just 10 Megabits of your waves!

Tivoman44

Agreed.  Never understood the Just 10 minutes crap, makes me think "so after 10 minutes I should change the channel"  And now they added to it, stay with us for 30.

WPXE ION

Rick_EE

It is also well known that people remember bad service more than good, so the bad picture quality is what will stick.

It is at the point that I won't watch that station.

duncantuna

I like their idea of 10 minutes of news, I like their weather first stuff.   Far better than the schlock some of their competitors are swinging .. (Speedbusters, anyone?)

Once their news goes HD, I'll watch them a lot more.

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: duncantuna;57928I like their idea of 10 minutes of news, I like their weather first stuff.   Far better than the schlock some of their competitors are swinging .. (Speedbusters, anyone?)

Once their news goes HD, I'll watch them a lot more.

I agree.  Everybody would like a higher bit rate but until advertisers tell them they need to bump it up, or viewers stop watching CBS programming because of it, the rate will not increase.  If they weren't making money on a low rate, they wouldn't be doing it.

PONIES

Quote from: WPXE ION;57926But you remember it....right?

Not in a positive way.

More like "Oh great there's that ****** station with the crappy bitrate's annoying jingle again."

That jingle serves as a reminder for me to never watch their news.

trev57

Just to add to the frustration, the "Just 10 Minutes" campaign was supposed to end in January...last January. But for some reason, the creative services manager likes it and can't let it go. :bang:

Jack 1000

I find the jingle to be annoying.  It's a worn out gimmick.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

WITI6fan

Quote from: PONIES;57931Not in a positive way.

More like "Oh great there's that ****** station with the crappy bitrate's annoying jingle again."

That jingle serves as a reminder for me to never watch their news.

It's no Hello Milwaukee or 4 New York. Those also both look like someone sat down and planned out the promo instead of just tossing together a bunch of footage from [insert local festival here] and slapping music on top.

trev57

How annoying can they get? They just aired 4 "Just 10 Minutes" commercials in a row during the Sports Fanatics. :bang::bang::bang:

Bebop

Quote from: WITI6fan;57952It's no Hello Milwaukee or 4 New York. Those also both look like someone sat down and planned out the promo instead of just tossing together a bunch of footage from [insert local festival here] and slapping music on top.

It took them a lot efforts to come up with the slogan. :)

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/tvradio/70588852.html

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

morning traffic

Quote from: Bebop;57981It took them a lot efforts to come up with the slogan. :)

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/tvradio/70588852.html

You know, it's fun to sit here and poke fun at their poor attempt at station promotion or their mediocre news product.. but has anyone ever taken the time to call up the station and complain? Or call up Weigel Broadcasting in Chicago? It might sound stupid, but as someone who has spent some time in the business, your complaints aren't exactly ignored like you might think they are. Shoot off some e-mails.

Also - get on the phone to the folks at the Brewers. Tell them you're unhappy with WMLW's standard definition broadcasts. I'd be happy if we could see these games back on 18 or 24.