• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS it's time to shite or get off the pot

Started by LucasD, Sunday Oct 02, 2011, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasD

Your HD sports broadcasts still look terrible.  The Packer game may as well be in SD.

:bang:

That is all.

trev57

Quote from: PONIES;57886This is what happens when you have at least 3 subchannels at any given time and bitrate-starve your main HD feed to ~9 Mbps.

WDJT is one of the worst looking CBS affiliates in the country.

And they are pretty much all useless.

On the plus side, there was a promo for CBS 58 news done in HD. It's on its way.

LoadStar

Quote from: PONIES;57886This is what happens when you have at least 3 subchannels at any given time and bitrate-starve your main HD feed to ~9 Mbps.

WDJT is one of the worst looking CBS affiliates in the country.

I was watching some of the episodes of "Big Bang Theory" on TBS over the weekend. I was shocked that the title sequence wasn't a macroblocked mess over there. I was so used to it being completely unrecognizable on WDJT.

REVM1M

Thank god there are only one or two Packers game on CBS 58 and no Baseball. CBS 58 you are EMBARRASSMENT To Milwaukee & WI . Not even HD news, what a joke

brewtownska

WDJT must know they're going to field complaints on picture quality...but wouldn't it be a lot LESS calls if the SUBCHANNELS were the ones unwatchable, not their main channel?  I'd love to see a breakdown in viewers between main channel and subchannels in the course of a week.  I know when Brewers games are on WMLW most Saturdays, we don't even watch because the picture is SO HORRIBLE.

There has to be a way for them to send more bandwidth to the channel they expect more viewers for at any given time.  You'd think Packers games would be their highest priority, and then maybe the 7-9pm weekday slots.

They must charge advertisers a rate based on viewers & time, so you'd think the advertisers would want viewers to be able to see the ads CLEARLYy.  I'm thinking without the ADVERTISERS complaining, they must not care what VIEWERS think.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Steve Mann

I must chime in too. The Packer game looked horrid during any kind of fast motion. I watched Hawaii Five-O the other night too and it was literally almost unwatchable. It's crazy... Very poor use of spectrum for sure. Leave it to them to ruin a perfectly good technology.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Rick_EE

I would like there to be a legal standard for HD.  A bitrate spec or something.   There is no way we getting HD.

Honda should ask for their money back on their spots.  Channel 58 ruined them.

I tried watching the the game OTA and there was no difference with TWC.  Too bad everyone is too cheap to pay for an uncompressed signal from Channel 58 to TWC.

I refuse to watch this channel unless I have to.

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: Rick_EE;57892Honda should ask for their money back on their spots. .

I agree.  That is the only thing that would matter.

"If you're not paying for it, you're not the customer.  You're the product being sold."

WDJT has a sanctioned monopoly on CBS programming in this market.  Until that changes, what we think does not matter.  

If you want to do something about this, call David Hobbs and others and tell them their coop money is being wasted.

Source credit: http://verydemotivational.memebase.com/2011/09/28/demotivational-posters-facebook-you/

Jack 1000

Well,

At least TWC seems to have fixed the on-going issues with CBS HD and ABC HD after about two years.  (I believe they increased bandwidth.)  Sadly, I think in recent years the trend has been quantity over quality as MORE sub-channels are forced into the pipeline.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

WITI6fan

Quote from: trev57;57887And they are pretty much all useless.

On the plus side, there was a promo for CBS 58 news done in HD. It's on its way.

They've been doing promos in HD ever since the master control upgrade a few years back...