News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Direct TV's OTA tuner AM21N

Started by madsdad, Thursday Jul 14, 2011, 12:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madsdad

Does anyone have any comments on what channels it will or will not pick up?

Thanks

Mark

MDR

I have the AM-21 (essentially the same). It doesn't actually scan for available channels.
Instead, it gets a list of channels from a DTV database based on a Zip Code you supply when you do the set-up. You can also add a secondary Zip and edit out unwanted stations  if you want to. Hope this helps.

MDR
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

JohnRacine

Madsdad

I have the AM21.  It scans for any available channel.  The tuner is very sensitive and will lock onto very faint channels and put them into the memory.  However, some of the distant (weak) channels will not actually appear on the screen.

I live on the Racine/Kenosha county line.  My AM21 has locked on all of the channels from Chicago, some from Rockford, South Bend, and a few from Grand Rapids, MI.  I have a $20, non-amplified, small UHF antenna on my roof.

When I first set the AM21 up, I punched in two zip codes in the menu...one from the Milwaukee area and one from downtown Chicago.  I then hit the scan button (in the menu) and within a few minutes, the unit found dozens of channels.  I'm lucky to have this unit as I rarely watch Milwaukee TV anymore...can't handle the weather alerts and the political commercials which don't exist on Chicago channels.

Hope this helps....

Northern Fringe

Does this tuner have a signal strength meter?