• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN goes HD tonight 6/28

Started by trev57, Tuesday Jun 28, 2011, 01:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trev57

I have it on very good authority that WISN will launch their HD newscasts tonight, one day earlier than originally expected.

FIPS133

Confirmed by Channel 12 producer via Twitter:

"12 News at 5 is finally going HD! No more excuses for my friends who claim that's the reason they don't watch." - Nooz_Junkie

Curious how HD their newcast will be compared to 4 & 6.

trev57

Quote from: FIPS133;57512Confirmed by Channel 12 producer via Twitter:

"12 News at 5 is finally going HD! No more excuses for my friends who claim that's the reason they don't watch." - Nooz_Junkie

Curious how HD their newcast will be compared to 4 & 6.

I tried to get that out of them; whether live shots, chopper 12, etc, would be in HD...no luck.

FIPS133

Based upon first few minutes of the 5pm newcast only in studio cameras appear HD.  Not even recorded reports are in HD.  If this is the case...disappointing.

trev57

Quote from: FIPS133;57514Based upon first few minutes of the 5pm newcast only in studio cameras appear HD.  Not even recorded reports are in HD.  If this is the case...disappointing.

Definetly...the field shots are still the crappy SD, even worse than TMJ's when they first went HD. I also find the HD bug a little odd...it has a random blue line going through it.

And did anyone notice that now that they're broadcasting in HD, all the graphics on the monitors in the studio are in stretch-o-vision? Oops.

SRW1000

I think I spotted one remote spot that was in HD, all the others appeared to be SD.

The studio shots looked OK, but the lighting looked a bit dark, resulting in kind of a muddy look.

Scott

LoadStar

Quote from: SRW1000;57517I think I spotted one remote spot that was in HD, all the others appeared to be SD.

The studio shots looked OK, but the lighting looked a bit dark, resulting in kind of a muddy look.

Scott

I prefer the darker look. I tend to think WISN lighting is usually too bright, rather flat and blue-white, and rather uninteresting. The week or so before they moved to the Upfront studio for remodeling, they had a very nice, very dynamic lighting scheme that made the red end of the spectrum really pop and gave everything some really good contrast... but unfortunately, they went back to their blue-white flat lighting after they moved back.

Bebop

They squeezed their rebroadcast. Couldn't their fancy new equiptment handle something so simple? Unless they are still handicapped by their analog broadcast?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun