• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo working with Cable Providers to allow Tivo users to watch on demand services?

Started by Tivoman44, Saturday Jun 04, 2011, 12:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

I just took the survey that Tivo sends out regularly and they said they were working on this, Loadstar, and others, have you heard of this?  How would this work, I thought the Tuning adapter doesn't allow on demand, or is their such thing as a two way cable card?  Unfortunately Tivo mentioned Charter, Cox, Comcast, no mention of TWC doing anything?  Any news of TWC talking to the NFL during the lockout about getting the network?

mrschimpf

Quote from: Tivoman44;57411I just took the survey that Tivo sends out regularly and they said they were working on this, Loadstar, and others, have you heard of this?  How would this work, I thought the Tuning adapter doesn't allow on demand, or is their such thing as a two way cable card?  Unfortunately Tivo mentioned Charter, Cox, Comcast, no mention of TWC doing anything?  Any news of TWC talking to the NFL during the lockout about getting the network?

When Charter comes out with their TiVo version in the next few months they will also flip on the switch to offer VOD services to those who purchased TiVo's also; Cox and RCN customers also have VOD on purchased TiVo's. The CableCard standard does allow for two-way communication, even with a tuning adapter.