• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Brewers in HD tonight on 41?

Started by neomaxi, Friday Apr 08, 2011, 09:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neomaxi

Is Brewers in HD tonight on OTA 41.1 o9r 58.2??

I know I have Directv.. and the last time the game was on 41, it was NOT in HD.

THanks!

NET10

Don't count on it.  WMLW is carrying the game which means SD and the MLB Extra Innings that is being offered for free thru the weekend will block the out of town feed in HD.  We need to watch 15 of these bradcasts this year according to the Brewers TV schedule.

brewtownska

For those of you who have DISH Network, I've had good luck in the past for Brewers vs Cubs games that I can pick up the Chicago broadcast in HD when it's not available in Milwaukee in HD.  Typically it's either on WGN or Comcast Sports Network.  Using DISH's online schedule, I see it listed in HD on 442 (Comcast Sports Network).  No way to know if it'll air here, but my past experience thinks yes because it's the out-of-town team's channel.

I can understand why people in Kenosha and Racine would get both Milwaukee and Chicago stations, but it always puzzled me why I'm able to get them in Waukesha...but this is one of the times to be happy I do!
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

troyriley

Quote from: brewtownska;57225I can understand why people in Kenosha and Racine would get both Milwaukee and Chicago stations

I have never understood why people in Kenosha and Racine (and Walworth where I am) get the Chicago broadcast of the game. This is Brewers territory. I grew up a Brewer fan in northern McHenry County, IL and the Brewers broadcasts were blacked out on the dish. The only games I could watch were the OTA games. I guess my point is, why does Cubs territory extend so far north, but Brewers territory only goes 35 miles south to the state line? People in Lake and McHenry Counties should be part of Brewers territory if these WI counties can view Cubs broadcasts.

I will be supporting the Brewers and settling for SD, watching on WMLW tonight.

Xizer

Sure sounds like a first world problem to me.

Look at all that care being poured into something so trivial. My goodness.

Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner

anyways on to the subject at hand that others should probably ignore.....Looks like someone beat me to this..I was just going on here to post a rant about about how freakin lame that there is still a SD channel out there that INSISTS on picking up Brewer games.  I mean seriously the PQ is absolute garbage. The last game i watched with my two teenagers on 41 a few days ago, when they had a long shot at the diamond you couldnt even tell what team was batting and who was in the field...and this is on a 50" plasma...even my kids were laughing about it. Total joke....I think I might just skip the game on TV tonight and listen to Uecker on TMJ

jjallou

Need to get a recall petition started to at least get these games on 18 or 24 in HD! Like back in the good old days when local sports WAS ON FREE TV!

So much for paying taxes on a stadium for a team I can't see much of anymore. And a senator who owns another local team that puts us in the same situation. But this is all another rant........ :bang:

brewtownska

I was wrong tonight - no HD broadcast available.  I did get a kick out of how my wife even commented about how the picture seemed blurry compared to what we normally see on FSN.  Back when HD was new, she didn't get it...but now that it's commonplace, she can see the difference when it's NOT in HD.
Cmon networks...if our wives see the importance for the game to be in HD, surely you can too!
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Xizer

I have to admit it is nice to see the sports fans not getting the short end of the stick for a change. :)

Usually when it comes to stuff like HD all the sports people are given top priority over regular programming and it bugs the **** out of me. I'll use Verizon's FiOS product as an example. They've got most of the HD channels on their service but there's a few they're missing like History International, BBC America, G4, OWN, Cartoon Network, etc.

They've already got like two dozen dedicated, HD 24/7 sports channels. They've also almost hit their capacity limit for adding new HD channels.

So guess what the next 5 HD channels they're going to add are going to be? ...ALL ****ing sports channels. And that'll max out their system for a while until they can upgrade it.

That crappy TruTV HD channel which shows 90% upscaled reality cop show garbage is another great example. It just recently got added to pretty much every cable provider in the country over any other missing HD channels which show 90% native HD content simply because they had one week of some basketball tournament and then back to upscaled cop reality show city.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Matt Heebner;57229anyways on to the subject at hand that others should probably ignore.....Looks like someone beat me to this..I was just going on here to post a rant about about how freakin lame that there is still a SD channel out there that INSISTS on picking up Brewer games.  I mean seriously the PQ is absolute garbage. The last game i watched with my two teenagers on 41 a few days ago, when they had a long shot at the diamond you couldnt even tell what team was batting and who was in the field...and this is on a 50" plasma...even my kids were laughing about it. Total joke....I think I might just skip the game on TV tonight and listen to Uecker on TMJ

Agree Matt!

TV-41's picture quality looks like something on a You Tube video!  No wait, You Tube is better! LOL!

It's like they have a studio in a basement or something!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LoadStar

Yeah, I agree... I don't know how they can possibly get their picture to look that bad. Brightness, contrast, and color tone are all completely out of whack. Just watch some of the interview segments with the players during the game... you can barely even see the player, the image is so dark.

Let 18 or 24 take the games... 24 especially has plenty of room in their schedule, and they can broadcast in HD. Heck, even WPXE would be a better place for it than WMLW.

Tivoman44

On Friday it looked so bad on WLMW that I had to go into my bedroom and watch it on my old school Tube TV with a converter box, the picture looked pretty good at that point.

Jack 1000

There has been rumor of WMLW going to HD for at least a year.  I know that at one time, TWC was going to add it, if they made it HD.  Does Charter Cable, or any of the Dish Companies carry WMLW in HD? (TV 41?)

However, every time TWC adds HD content to a maxed out HD system, there are always picture problems on other stations that come and go.

I honestly think that WMLW would not know how to handle an HD transmission even if they ever got it.  They seem to be very, very low-power and tight-budgeted.  I heard that CBS is still using equipment from 1990 for broadcasting.  Who knows how old WMLW's equipment really is?  Does anyone know why WMLW's reception has pretty much always sucked?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide