• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Badgers' and Warriors' First round Games on TruTV

Started by Bluto, Monday Mar 14, 2011, 08:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluto

So, I see both UW's and Marquette's first round games are going to be shown on TruTV.  How is everyone going to cope with the lack of HD transmission for the game?  Is any provider locally carrying TruTV HD?

Edit:  I'm a little behind.  I see that DirecTV will be temporarily carrying the HD feed of TruTV - pregame, game and post-game only - channel 246-1.  What about other local providers?

Bluto

Looks like charter is going to carry TruTV in HD...  so, that's everyone but TimeWarner in the the Milwaukee area.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/118002954.html

Cable television carrier Charter has added a truTV high definition to its channel lineup and it will be available in time for the games scheduled to be played Tuesday on truTV.

Charter said the truTV HD channel is 651 and is available on Charter's expanded basic level tier.

For the first time in the history of the NCAA Tournament, all games will be available nationally to television viewers live on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV. CBS TBS and TNT are available to viewers in HD, but truTV is not.

In the Milwaukee market, truTV in HD is not available on Time Warner Cable. It is available on DirecTV, Dish, AT&T U-verse and now Charter.

The second-round NCAA Tournament games of both Wisconsin and Marquette are to be carried on truTV.

Xizer

I've tried TruTV and it sucks. Usually, all they show are upscaled "reality" police shows. I hope Time Warner uses the bandwidth for a better channel.

Bluto

The only reason I'm interested in the HD version of the channel is for the BBall games this week.  Other than that, I agree with you.  Being a D* customer, there are a bunch of new HD channels I'd prefer over truTV, starting with AMC and BBCA.

brewtownska

The surprising thing to me - Wikipedia shows that TruTV is owned by TimeWarner, being run by Turner Broadcasting.  Yet TWC doesn't carry the channel on their cable systems :rolleyes:

I won't know until I get home today if my Dish Network package gives me this channel...I'm guessing no based on Dish's website, but maybe they will open it up to all packages once the games come on Thursday.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

trev57

According to JSOnline, Charter has added truTV HD and TWC is poised to add it, possibly as early as today.

It is on channel 651 for Charter.

Nels Harvey

Quote from: brewtownska;57141I won't know until I get home today if my Dish Network package gives me this channel...I'm guessing no based on Dish's website, but maybe they will open it up to all packages once the games come on Thursday.
I have the 200 channel option on dish, and it is there in HD.
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Chinatown

Quote from: Bluto;57135The only reason I'm interested in the HD version of the channel is for the BBall games this week.  Other than that, I agree with you.  Being a D* customer, there are a bunch of new HD channels I'd prefer over truTV, starting with AMC and BBCA.

Hey, if you are a true "Classic" film guru, TCM in HD would be the only channel I still need.

bumperben1592

Xizer

That's really a shame that one dumb week of basketball is enough to get an HD version of a truly crappy channel added to just about every cable system in the country.

Verizon added the channel to FIOS too. It seems like this has been enough to get tons of cable companies to add the channel to their lineup this week...

I wish better channels like Al Jazeera, National Geographic Wild, The Hub or OWN would do a week of football games or something so they'd get added to every cable carrier too...

LoadStar

Quote from: Xizer;57147That's really a shame that one dumb week of basketball is enough to get an HD version of a truly crappy channel added to just about every cable system in the country.

I agree. It'd be nice if they could just add it temporarily, but I know that Turner (owners of TruTV) would never stand for that.

I also would love for Time Warner to add NHK World, even if only temporarily (although I'd like to see it added permanently).

ddeerrff

I'd like to see the NASA channel.  Who does one contact at TWC to request a channel to be added?

RonH

With my setup, the games on TNT, tbs, trutv look much better than those on cbs58.  I assume this is because of the mulicasting cutting the bandwidth.

I use directv and ota.

Xizer

Milwaukee's CBS affiliate is crap. About 9 Mbps MPEG2.

DirecTV's supposedly 8 Mbps H.264.