• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Help!

Started by NET10, Friday Apr 01, 2011, 09:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NET10

Okay, strange things happenning here, could use some help please.
Long story short.
Watching OTA channels due to two shows recording for my kids on HR20/100.  Remote is in "TV" mode.  My wife grabs the remote and hits "List" while still in "TV " mode.  HR20 locks up.  Reboot evreything.  I get nothing from Directv on my HDMI 1 line, but I can get to my PS3 on HDMI2.  I mess around with the HDMI cables and switch them to see if Directv works on HDMI2.  It does work, but I also have the Directv feed on the HDMI1 inputs as well.
So now I have the Directv feed on both inputs, with no PS3 feed.  There is one HDMI out from HR20 and one out from PS3.
Did I fry an HDMI cable, is my TV possessed?  
Any help is much appreciated.

brewtownska

Did you turn the TV off and back on at any point?  When things like what you mentioned happen to me, typically it's an HDMI handshake issue, and toggling the TV power helps.
To give you and example, I use a 4 input/2 output HDMI switcher in my living room setup (no receiver).  If I play PS3, I need to make sure to switch BACK to another input BEFORE turning the PS3 off, else I'll hit the same problem you have...the TV gets confused with the handshake and won't show any of the inputs until I toggle the TV's power.
It's not much of an issue for me now that I know how to prevent it.

Hopefully this is your problem.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

jjallou

Not trying to be an arse......
How is this related to MilwaukeeHDTV.org Forums > Breaking News > Latest News > ? Seems more of a technical problem to me.

NET10

brewtownska: Yes that was the issue, thank you! Much appreciated
:wave:

jjallou: I don't post a lot, but was looking for some answers.  I have now received them.  I will get out of your hair.

Tom Snyder

I've moved the thread to the appropriate forum. :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org