News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

2 channel setup

Started by markd, Sunday Mar 06, 2011, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markd

I'm hoping that some of the peeps here are into audio as well and could perhaps help me out with a nice 2 channel setup for headphones.  AVS is just sooo overwhelming sometimes.  Ultimately, I'd like to put together a nice little 2 channel (tube?) amp and headphone rig (think man-cave...chair, table, headphone rig, yeah :)

I'd then look for a nice CD transport and possibly add a turntable at some point.  I'd like to put this together in stages; amp would be first and used with my existing cans and probably MP3 player until I get a CD transport for the setup.

Suggestions?  Thoughts?  I've put this in Google a couple times over the years and have checked out various AVS threads but this really seems to be a niche thing these days and I just haven't gotten around to the deep digging that's really required I guess.

Gregg Lengling

Check these out, I've actually built their kits back in the 60's.

http://www.dynakitparts.com/store/catalog.aspx?cid=1
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Ralph Kramden

Check out Head-fi.org. There's more than you'll ever want to know about headphones and headphone amps.

What do you mean by "CD transport"? Do you mean a CD player?

markd

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;57095What do you mean by "CD transport"? Do you mean a CD player?

Yeah, sorry, that slipped out from my audiophile geekiness.  Yes, a CD player, essentially, but with a quality external DAC, not a $50 discman or something.  I used to be more into this stuff :(

Basically I was just looking for any info on what someone around may have.  I'm not set with what I'd like to do, I'm just looking for ideas/feedback.  I just want a headphone rig that I can also use with CDs and possibly expand to vinyl that will be a transcendental experience when I'm sitting there in a chair with some coffee :D

Thanks for the link.  I will check that site out tonight.

Ralph Kramden

If you're looking for a full size CD player, I have a Technics CD player I'm selling, in very good condition. It's in my ad in the "Yard Sale" section. I have the manual and remote also.