• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Milwaukee's affiliates and the blizzard.

Started by Xizer, Wednesday Feb 02, 2011, 12:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlsonNet

Quote from: WPXE ION;56994Here is an idea. Lets go back a few years before we had all the graphics and just call the place to see if its open. The only exceptions could be schools, major business, events, shelters, food banks, etc.

LOL, I actually got my web site included in the crawl on ch. 6. Said the "office" was closed even though I'm the only person here. Figured I'd take the free promotion if they were going to be so ridiculous as to include all these private businesses.

brewtownska

Since most of the major networks have the damn sub-channels eating away our bandwidth, why don't they just DIRECT us to watch the sub-channel for all the closing ticker info, and/or a web address if we want to look up specific places for closings.  I'm sure if they can get all the info into the ticker (probably some sort of spreadsheet or database behind the scenes), it should be just as easy to read the same list to populate to a webpage.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Jack 1000

Quote from: brewtownska;56996Since most of the major networks have the damn sub-channels eating away our bandwidth, why don't they just DIRECT us to watch the sub-channel for all the closing ticker info, and/or a web address if we want to look up specific places for closings.  I'm sure if they can get all the info into the ticker (probably some sort of spreadsheet or database behind the scenes), it should be just as easy to read the same list to populate to a webpage.

Cosign!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: OlsonNet;56995LOL, I actually got my web site included in the crawl on ch. 6. Said the "office" was closed even though I'm the only person here. Figured I'd take the free promotion if they were going to be so ridiculous as to include all these private businesses.

So the solution is obvious - create a script that will spam them into oblivion.  There would be so much chaff, there would be no use watching.  

Regarding the subchannel proposal, nice idea, but that would assume their primary purpose is public service.  Since their #1 objective is to bring more eyes to their main channel programming, I don't see any way they would do that unless it were mandated by the networks.