• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TMJ4 Really, Really!!!!!!!!

Started by REVM1M, Tuesday Jan 25, 2011, 04:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REVM1M

Now they have a count down clock for superbowl, just imagine if there is storm warning in Dallas. Thank god they are not broadcasting the game. Don't get me wrong, I love Packers, but I think this way too much garbage on the screen.

trev57

I think all the stations have gone a little over the top. Even WISN has changed their L3s to green and gold for anything related to the Packers. The only one I'll give a pass to is WITI because they have been using their green/gold L3s all year.

Xizer

Isn't Fox broadcasting the Super Bowl?

Why is NBC pimping a show that is on their competitor's network?

If you don't like it I'd suggest contacting NBC corporate and letting them know about the behavior of this affiliate. I don't think they'd appreciate them advertising the competition.

trev57

Quote from: Xizer;56925Isn't Fox broadcasting the Super Bowl?

Why is NBC pimping a show that is on their competitor's network?

If you don't like it I'd suggest contacting NBC corporate and letting them know about the behavior of this affiliate. I don't think they'd appreciate them advertising the competition.

The problem is they're not advertising the broadcast of the game. They're just advertising the local team participating in a big event. They're just going a little overboard with it.

REVM1M

Quote from: trev57;56926The problem is they're not advertising the broadcast of the game. They're just advertising the local team participating in a big event. They're just going a little overboard  with it.

I think they are going way overboard. They always do go overboard, with Breaking news, Weather and etc.........

WITI6fan

Quote from: trev57;56926The problem is they're not advertising the broadcast of the game. They're just advertising the local team participating in a big event. They're just going a little overboard with it.

How is this over the top? :D

I still can't believe they've let sports take over John Malan's Doomsday Center/ the weather area. WHAT IF THERE'S TWO INCHES OF SNOWFALL?! They won't be able to pull up snow totals in HD 3D!!!

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: WITI6fan;56928How is this over the top? :D

I still can't believe they've let sports take over John Malan's Doomsday Center/ the weather area. WHAT IF THERE'S TWO INCHES OF SNOWFALL?! They won't be able to pull up snow totals in HD 3D!!!

I haven't turned on the TV since Saturday.  

After that nightmare-inducing screen cap, I think I'm gonna take a couple of weeks' break from commercial TV.

Dan the Man

this is over the top. Stop it TMJ4. You are looking childish....

Jack 1000

Quote from: Dan the Man;56937this is over the top. Stop it TMJ4. You are looking childish....

LOL!!!  Yea, if Channel 4 was doing the Superbowl, only they would break away from it to show a 4 inches of snow "Storm Warning!!!!"

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

oz

I just want then to drop the big red HD and make their other logo transparent.  It's burning my plasma.  :)

WITI6fan

Well, at least TMJ hasn't done something like this yet!

This is the FOX affiliate in Philadelphia. Talk about graphics overload!

trev57

Quote from: WITI6fan;56943Well, at least TMJ hasn't done something like this yet!

This is the FOX affiliate in Philadelphia. Talk about graphics overload!

Don't put it past them. They have started using a rundown on "What's Hot".

WITI6fan

I found an alternate version!

This would be perfect! They could display constant snow totals and traffic maps/cameras through the entire broadcast! :rof: