• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Time Warner Cable rate card (Effective 11/2010)

Started by LoadStar, Wednesday Oct 20, 2010, 09:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoadStar

I thought that this might be of some value, since Time Warner doesn't publish this information on their website. This is the rate card for Time Warner Cable Wisconsin, which I received in the mail just yesterday.

(Yes, this should also be available from any Time Warner office, but this makes it easier to do research without having to go into Time Warner.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wtpf1afxpsfu88

Note that this does not list any bundle/package pricing; this is all the "standard" pricing for each service. This also does not list any discounts you may be able to receive.

CrashCamomilli

gparris

- I totaled what I have and the new rates from the mailed brochure vs. what I pay now in a special-bundled package...ouch.:eek:

It wouldn't be so bad if the pixelation had finally stopped on fast-action scenes, including the digital picture and sound breakups and of course, if the 8300HDC's actually worked as fast as the older 8300HD's for this new higher rate increase, but no...:bang:

EDIT:
While the box and DVR fees remained the same, other fees went up, like the standard service 8% and premium channels after HBO went up 25%, upon further analysis.

-So it could be cut-back time until I can finally move and migrate to Directv (maybe by then, they will have BBCAHD & AMCHD).;)

ArgMeMatey

Thanks for posting this.  

It's good to see that they are finally acknowledging that they provide "No-Fee HD":
"Basic service includes access to local broadcast HD channels."

However are they taking advantage of semantics to avoid providing SD digital over-the-air channels such as qubo (55.2)?  

They still have MeTV (49.1) only on NTSC 19, as well, not digitally, so I can't see the program titles.  

And speaking of program info, although I now get all of the program titles, I still don't get the program descriptions.  Is it that difficult to parse and map the PSIP?

Obviously they can do what they want to some extent, but it's never been clear to me what they are doing because they are required to, and what they are doing because they want to keep those of us sitting in the cheap seats.  :)

ArgMeMatey

Just got my TW bill today with rate increase notification.  

My price for Basic is currently $17.10 plus $2.43 = $19.53 monthly.  

Effective next month it will be $19.65 plus $2.79 (est) = $22.44 monthly.

Net increase this year 15%.

Finally motivated me to get the antenna project back on track.