News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone else having problems with ABC WISN?

Started by Brendan, Thursday Sep 30, 2010, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

I just noticed that the WISN's HD feed on TWC is garbage. Massive pixelization and audio drops. I don't currently have my OTA antenna set up so I don't know if that's any better. But I assume it's WISN's problem and not TWC, since none of my other channels seem to be affected.
WISN was also pixelated for me on Monday night, during the Packer game (obviously I watched it on ESPN HD so it wasn't an issue for me). The only other thing that I can think of that could be the problem is that I'm currently recording on one of the tuners (SA 8300HD). I was also recording on Monday, so it could be a problem related to that. But I doubt it, since no other channels are affected.

Jimboy

WISN was fine (OTA) for the Packer game on Monday night.

uwgrad

I haven't had any problems with WISN through TWC or OTA.  Where are you located?  It sounds like either a problem with your equipment, or a localized TWC problem.

WITI6fan

Jack 1000

Quote from: Brendan;56322I just noticed that the WISN's HD feed on TWC is garbage. Massive pixelization and audio drops. I don't currently have my OTA antenna set up so I don't know if that's any better. But I assume it's WISN's problem and not TWC, since none of my other channels seem to be affected.
WISN was also pixelated for me on Monday night, during the Packer game (obviously I watched it on ESPN HD so it wasn't an issue for me). The only other thing that I can think of that could be the problem is that I'm currently recording on one of the tuners (SA 8300HD). I was also recording on Monday, so it could be a problem related to that. But I doubt it, since no other channels are affected.

There was some pixiation for me today too on TWC-HD-1012 (WISN).  The picture would pixiate and sometimes flash on and off.  Going to another channel and back to channel 12 provided only a temporary fix for this issue.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Brendan

I forgot to mention that I'm in downtown Milwaukee. It's still problem for me again today, during the Wisconsin game. A reboot of the box seemed to help for a few minutes, but it's getting worse again. It's mostly watchable right now, but does keep breaking up regularly. I can't figure out why only WISN has a problem. I've had problems with the SDV channels, but that always affects a whole block of channels, not just one.
I'm hesitant to call Time Warner, because I know they'll suggest a reboot, which I've done, then they'll reboot it from their end, and ultimately say they need to send someone out, who'll tell me I need a new box. Just seems like the problem has to be with either WISN's signal to TWC or TWC's signal to me. Though I suppose the fact that a reboot seemed to help suggests it's my box that has the problem.
Anybody have any ideas?

Jack 1000

Quote from: Brendan;56333I forgot to mention that I'm in downtown Milwaukee. It's still problem for me again today, during the Wisconsin game. A reboot of the box seemed to help for a few minutes, but it's getting worse again. It's mostly watchable right now, but does keep breaking up regularly. I can't figure out why only WISN has a problem. I've had problems with the SDV channels, but that always affects a whole block of channels, not just one.
I'm hesitant to call Time Warner, because I know they'll suggest a reboot, which I've done, then they'll reboot it from their end, and ultimately say they need to send someone out, who'll tell me I need a new box. Just seems like the problem has to be with either WISN's signal to TWC or TWC's signal to me. Though I suppose the fact that a reboot seemed to help suggests it's my box that has the problem.
Anybody have any ideas?

I also posted this in the TWC Problem Count thread.  Do a search for my posts and you'll see it.  It is definitely a signal issue related to their HD feed.  It is for certain, NOT the box!

Here's a tip.  If six people call and report the same problem, (I found this out a long time ago,) they will activate what is called, "automated dispatch." where truck rolls are automatically sent out to investigate.  Six is the magic number (or more.)  Because they don't want to do automated roll-outs for just one problem.

So the thing to do is get your neighbors, friends, and anybody with the same problem about the flickering in and out of the HD feed on TWC to call them.  Once they get six or more people with the same problem, they will investigate on their own and a customer does not have to do anything.

Customers, if you have set up a service call and the picture gets better later today, just call back and cancel it through their automated  system.  But the more that call with this problem, the faster they will fix it.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide