News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS58 New Graphics Look HD Ready

Started by BK7725, Thursday Sep 23, 2010, 03:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK7725

Looks like CBS58 got a new graphics package. Looks a whole lot better compared to that crappy font they had before. I don't remember when they added it but they look to be HD ready. Are we getting closer to a launch of HD news at 58?

WITI6fan

To be fair the old graphics package had a number of elements designed in 16:9. Remember these?

The little "behind the scenes" preview to the MDA telethon showed they still have the old GVG-200 switcher and haven't updated their control room much. HD is probably still a long ways off.

LoadStar

Quote from: WITI6fan;56294The little "behind the scenes" preview to the MDA telethon showed they still have the old GVG-200 switcher and haven't updated their control room much. HD is probably still a long ways off.

You sure that's their only control room?

WITI6fan

Quote from: LoadStar;56295You sure that's their only control room?

I'm told they have a secondary smaller (that right there says something) one that's usually used to produce stuff on Telemundo (Baseball stuff, election results) when the main control room is in use. Since it's not regularly used I can only guess what kind of equipment it has...

duncantuna

So .. maybe their new graphics is why they are totally off the air this morning .. :(

miltownmatt

Hey did anybody see during last weeks NCIS episode the cbs 58 commercial for 10 at 10 in HD!!! it looked real nice!!!:)