• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

JS Reporter Stan Miller Looking for U-Verse input

Started by Tom Snyder, Thursday Aug 12, 2010, 11:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Stan's a good guy. He posted this on Twitter:

I'm switching over to #Uverse soon. Any advice for me?: http://ow.ly/2oLgd

Post your comments here or there!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Mikey

Well, I went to U-Verse for 2 months...then bailed and went back to the hated TWC...

U-Verse salespeople "guaranteed" me I would get two HD stream up in Grafton.

I didn't.

I bitched.

They cared not.

I left.

ArgMeMatey

Miller's column today swooned over the installation.  If I had had an install like that, I probably would have felt the same way he did.  

So of course being the cynical type, I am left wondering:  Is it possible that some higher-up or PR person at AT&T did not see his tweet and put the word out internally that Miller's U-Verse shall be delivered on a silver platter with all the trimmings?

Although it seems clear from other online info that AT&T has learned a lot, fixed a lot, and gotten pretty good at responding to many customer issues, it's not unreasonable to speculate that Miller's install was flagged internally for special handling.

Bigdog

Quote from: Mikey;56062Well, I went to U-Verse for 2 months...then bailed and went back to the hated TWC...

U-Verse salespeople "guaranteed" me I would get two HD stream up in Grafton.

I didn't.

I bitched.

They cared not.

I left.

Atleast you were able to get it in your part of Grafton, we can't and were told that it wont happen for a very long time, so stuck with TWC.  I would take a look at DTV but don't want to have to deal with cleaning snow off the dish during the winter...

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: Bigdog;56155don't want to have to deal with cleaning snow off the dish during the winter...

You can get a thermostatic heater, although that won't help with rain and snow fade.

Bigdog

Quote from: ArgMeMatey;56157You can get a thermostatic heater, although that won't help with rain and snow fade.

That is another thing I'd be concerned with in this climate....

kevbeck122

Spray it with non-stick cooking spray (like PAM) and it should keep snow off: http://www.ehow.com/how_5496661_treat-before-winter-avoid-outages.html

I've never lost SD channels due to rain or storms (AFAIK), but HD goes out when we have the bigger storms.  I was without the HD channels for maybe 20 minutes max last week when we had the severe weather.  I lost HD for about 5 minutes yesterday when the storms came through.  The only time I lost signal in winter was the morning after a bigger storm when the dish had a good pile of snow on it.  

It doesn't bother me that much for the few times a year it happens.  TWC seems to have more problems with SDV causing channel outages than rain fade on a dish (or at least they used to).

gparris

Quote from: kevbeck122;56173It doesn't bother me that much for the few times a year it happens.  TWC seems to have more problems with SDV causing channel outages than rain fade on a dish (or at least they used to).

It still does, my RR goes out on days and times I really need it to be up.
Then TWC cableTV decides that most of the HD channels and on-demand disappear, especially when they try some experiment (called "maintenance" or whatever)
-You'd better believe it lasts longer, much longer any "rain fade" from satellite and I had both TWC and D* for several years together until it got too expensive to have both.:(.