• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Navigator issue that TW "didn't know about"

Started by cdnelson, Wednesday Apr 21, 2010, 09:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdnelson

For the 2nd week in a row, Navigator has eaten one of our recordings.  LOST was the victim this week.

My wife likes Law & Order: CI so I set a series recording for it.  However, at it's normal time it causes conflicts with our other series recordings so I set it to record the replay at Midnight every week.

Every week it insists on reverting back to the normal time...unless I go in to the series recording manager, verify that it says Midnight and hit save.

The person at Time Warner offered to have someone "come out and look at your equipment".  I (in my mind) patiently explained that my equipment was fine, that it is their software that has a bug.  I explained that there have been numerous bugs since they replaced their software with this homegrown POS.

She had no idea...:bang:

She encouraged me to have anyone else who is having issues with Navigator to call in because "if no one says anything we won't know anything is wrong".

...ugh...

Jack 1000

QuoteShe encouraged me to have anyone else who is having issues with Navigator to call in because "if no one says anything we won't know anything is wrong".

Now that is also some good advice,

Here is another problem that users may want to report.

Although my box works well, for the past year or more, the Sports Now category is heavily truncated.  There are only about 4-5 channels that come in at any time with any listings in the Sports Now Category.  They are RFD TV, Outdoor Channel, and sometimes ESPN and ESPN 2.  Local Sports NEVER show up in the Sports Now Category (ABC, CBS, NBC.)  Shouldn't those Sports be a part of the Sports Now Category?

The other categories seem fully populated: HDTV Now, News and Weather Now, Kids Now, but I have also noticed that on News and Weather Now, that sometimes local stations (and only local stations) (NBC, CBS, ABC) are missing from the Now Categories in the Access Menu,  

Otherwise, things seem to be OK.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

I don't order PPV,

But here is another issue that TWC may not know about:

Special PPV events (On Demand) like Boxing, MMA, and Wrestling always do not show the price of the event in Guide searches, UNTIL about 3 days before the event takes place.  For instance, search anywhere in the guide for the upcoming Mayweather-Mosley Super-Welterweight Championship Fight this Saturday on PPV.  All it shows for the cost is a dollar sign in Program information

$

Probably by Thursday, they will have a price, probably $49.95, but why do subscribers have to wait for TWC to put the cost of the event in the Program information?  That's ridiculous!  The cost should always be included immediately when a PPV event is in the guide.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

klwillis45

I have 2 ?s for that issue.

1) When are the prices for these events finalized?

2) Are they even orderable that far in advance?

If the prices are set & it's available for purchase, the price should be there.