News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New HD channels on DTV

Started by jeffski, Friday Apr 02, 2010, 09:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffski

The rollout should start by early June I heard. I just hope WGN HD and Encore HD are included in the mix. :rock:

Homebrew101

There is a D* employee on MUScoop (Marquette site) that posted ESPNU will be HD in April, we'll see...

Chinatown

Quote from: jeffski;55298The rollout should start by early June I heard. I just hope WGN HD and Encore HD are included in the mix. :rock:

Have "Encore"hd with Dish. No great shakes, as they pan & scan most everything.

kevbeck122

Quote from: Homebrew101;55300There is a D* employee on MUScoop (Marquette site) that posted ESPNU will be HD in April, we'll see...

They could take away an HD PPV channel to do that by the end of April.

If you want to be optimistic, the new HD channels might be here in May if D12 starts its drift toward 103° soon.  If it starts this week, it should be there by the end of April... final testing in early May, and they could have the channels live mid to late May.

Here's a list of channels that CSRs have given out as coming soon:
BBCAmerica HD
The Africa Channel
ESPNU HD
MSNBC HD
The Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
FearNet
Several RSNs

I'd imagine they will get the full range of HBO and Cinemax too since they're moving those channels around to accommodate more.  I hope Travel HD is in the works too.

leprechaunshawn

Quote from: kevbeck122;55312They could take away an HD PPV channel to do that by the end of April.

If you want to be optimistic, the new HD channels might be here in May if D12 starts its drift toward 103° soon.  If it starts this week, it should be there by the end of April... final testing in early May, and they could have the channels live mid to late May.

Here's a list of channels that CSRs have given out as coming soon:
BBCAmerica HD
The Africa Channel
ESPNU HD
MSNBC HD
The Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
FearNet
Several RSNs

I'd imagine they will get the full range of HBO and Cinemax too since they're moving those channels around to accommodate more.  I hope Travel HD is in the works too.

No Travel Channel?

RLJSlick

Great to see some new Channels, Especially WGN HD and BBC America.  Can't wait!
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

kevbeck122

If you want to track the satellite, you can here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=164555.  It's still at the 76° testing location.  Their 30 day testing extension ends next Monday, so assuming things are OK it should start moving any day now.