News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

No program info on playback

Started by DXer720, Thursday Apr 01, 2010, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DXer720

I had an SA 8300HDC that crashed due (the techs & I think) a bad hard drive.  

I went to the local office & swapped it out for a Samsung SMT-H3270.  It seems to be respond quicker to channel changes & the FF & rewind are so much smoother.

I like this new box, but for a minor issue or 2.

The very minor issue is that the PIP no longer works.  I can certainly live with that, but I miss it.

The more annoying issue as that you can't get information on a recorded program while in playback.  

If you press INFO during playback, all you get is the info about the current program on the channel you recorded from.  

EXAMPLE:  The wife likes her ABC soaps when she gets home from work about 5pm.  When playing back (say) "General Hospital" which airs 1-2pm on ABC (Channel 1012).  Pressing INFO once during playback will display the banner for 1012, but it will show the current program (say) "WISN News at 5".  Pressing INFO again only brings up details of the news show.  There is also no progress bar for the recording like there is for live shows.

You can still get info on the recording by stopping the playback, & going back to the DVR Show List, highlighting the program, & pressing INFO.  

Is there any setting or key sequence that will restore recorded program details & a progress bar while viewing a recording?

This seems to be a fairly robust box, judging from the myriad of connectors on the unit.  Everything from plain old AV, to HDMI, to 2 USB ports.

Any help would be appreciated.

uwgrad

I had a friend who had a SA 8300HDC that had the same problem and he was able to fix it by rebooting the box.

I don't know if this would help for your Samsung box, but it's worth a shot.

DXer720

The reboot worked.  In fact it rebooted while I was deleting a recording.  

Maybe this info issue is a sign of some instability in the Navigator software & that a reboot may be coming or necessary.  

I've only had this box since Monday, so we'll see.

Thanks for the help.