News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Need input for a new Antenna.

Started by budda, Monday Mar 15, 2010, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budda

I am going to replace my roof Ant. and put it in the attic. Space is not an issue. I am getting a new roof and don't want to put it back on the roof. I get all channels now. It is a 50 mile atn. The one I want to use is a 80 mile,plus ant. with a amp. But will be in the roof not on it. The specs for the Ant are.

Model DUV-XF Digitenna is the ideal solution for reception of US broadcast channels of VHF hi-band 7-13 and UHF 14-51. Range is 0-80+ milesbased on flat open terrain with no obstructions at 30ft. It is an attractive, easy to install answer to the need for more compact antennas that can pick up both UHF and VHF hi-band. The simple circuitry of the DUV interchangeagle module offers superior performance and less circuit board related signal loss. The module has no exposed connection points. The custom-formulated plastic housing carries a lifetime warranty against breakage. Because of their compact size, these antennas can often perform perfectly when mounted in an attic space.

* Extreme Fringe Model Range: 0-80+ miles
    * Dimensions: 66in x 33in x 43.5in
    * Product Weight: 3.5 lbs
    * Gross Weight: 9 lbs
    * MADE IN THE USA

Comments! Concerns!!  Thanks Budda{fart}

Jimboy

http://www.digitenna.com/DUV-XF.pdf

I met the guy who makes these antennas. Made up in Oostberg WI.  I think he's also a member on this forum. I haven't personally tried one yet but they're made extremely well.

WPXE ION

Those are really good antennas. I used the DUV-S model a few years ago for signal testing, when there were only 3 models. It was rated at 20-40 miles yet it picked up Milwaukee stations at 50-60 miles. I believe the owner is a member here. Where did you buy it from?

Try without the amp first and see what you get.

budda

I have not bought it yet. Won't need it till the roof is worked on started looking into cuz the snow is melting. I setup to have the roof done last fall. So he should be calling once the scent of spring is confirmed. Cost on these is 129.00 for 80 mile plus, 109.00 for 65 plus, 90.00 for the 50 plus. I was going to get the middle one but don't want to undersize. I get them from SkyWalker. I have an account there. If someone can get a better price, let me know. Budda

WPXE ION

Try Ness electronics in Milwaukee. On Good Hope Rd around 51st street.

budda

Quote from: WPXE ION;55166Try Ness electronics in Milwaukee. On Good Hope Rd around 51st street.

Thanks I will give it a shot..