News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Non-HD Issue - SD Picture & Sound Quality TWC

Started by spolebitski, Tuesday Mar 09, 2010, 06:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolebitski

Has anyone noticed the picture and sound quality go down over the past week or so.  I have noticed that the volume needs to be turned up (a lot) and it sounds like static in the background.  This is of course on my non-hd tv's / non-hd devices (S2 tivo).

Is it possible that TWC would degraded the SD signal to the point that customers would need to upgraded to their digital box to receive a clear picture / sound?

samsung_fan

I know you mention SD but it's interesting that I'm see what you are describing also on my HD set.

ddeerrff

I have also noted a degradation of SD picture quality.  Thought it was just me.

spolebitski

I have a TiVo HD on HDMI and have a TiVo S2 via rca.  In addition I have a TiVo S2 on a SD TV.  When watching TV on both TV's using a non-hd method (TiVo S2) the sound and picture quality seem degraded.

Northern Fringe

As I understand it, TWC "streams" channels 2-99 (higher channels also) out to neighborhoods from the headend using VOIP.  In your neighborhood, channels 2-99 are converted to analog and sent to your home.  Sometimes I notice that the channels look slightly digitized and not as clear as they used to when they were analog all the way through to your home.  It's the price of progress, I guess...

duncantuna

Quote from: Northern Fringe;55100As I understand it, TWC "streams" channels 2-99 (higher channels also) out to neighborhoods from the headend using VOIP.  

TWC uses Voice Over Internet Protocol to send channels 2-99?  Wow!   Well, no wonder the signal sucks so bad .. converting video to voice first?   Amazing!

:rock:

spolebitski

Could this just simply be a ploy by TWC to get a digital box from them?

I ant to say ATT did the same thing when they bought another carrier (T-Mobile?).  I remember something along the lines that they would still honor AT&T Cell service but degraded the signal so that customers who complained were often told to switch to the other carrier they owned.  I believe AT&T did get in trouble over this.

spolebitski

Ok I apologize it was cingular when then went back to the name AT&T only using the cingular network not the old AT&T Wireless network.

spolebitski

I can see TWC telling customers sorry we can't help you with your coax (analog issue) but upgraded to our Digital Box for an additional fee and you will get a clear picture and sound.