News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Directv Multiroom View Beta being Pushed

Started by neomaxi, Tuesday Jan 26, 2010, 09:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Quote from: Talos4;54850I haven't gotten the update on my H21 either.

Hmm still waiting for that update. :bang:

jeffski

gb4fan92

Quote from: jeffski;54926same here :rolleyes:

jeffski

you know you won't get an upgrade for your standard def box.   your hr22 should have already been updated.  unless you upgrade your std def box you won't be able to get multiroom :(

Oddjob

Hello,
I just wanted to mention that I like many here was waiting for the 4395(0x43a8) update on my
H21 receiver.
Well just for giggles I tried the force update and low and behold I got it. It is in the stream
right now. I did it at 4:45am and another one at 6am.

To force an update hit the reset button and as the Hello screen appears press
0 2 4 6 8 (do not rush the buttons, do it at a reasonable pace). and it should "find new software" before it goes to the steps of of normal reset. Once the download is completes
(do not interrupt the power or process) the receiver will reboot and have all the new
features.
It worked like a charm for me and MVR is up and running on a wired gigabit ehternet
setup in the house.

neomaxi

Quote from: Oddjob;55020Hello,
I just wanted to mention that I like many here was waiting for the 4395(0x43a8) update on my
H21 receiver.
Well just for giggles I tried the force update and low and behold I got it. It is in the stream
right now. I did it at 4:45am and another one at 6am.

To force an update hit the reset button and as the Hello screen appears press
0 2 4 6 8 (do not rush the buttons, do it at a reasonable pace). and it should "find new software" before it goes to the steps of of normal reset. Once the download is completes
(do not interrupt the power or process) the receiver will reboot and have all the new
features.
It worked like a charm for me and MVR is up and running on a wired gigabit ehternet
setup in the house.

Thanks for the info!!.. ill try this when I get home..

neomaxi

Quote from: neomaxi;55029Thanks for the info!!.. ill try this when I get home..

I was able to download the update.. but when my H21 reboots.. the update is applied... :-(

When I do the code.. it says found new software and starts downloading... but it says it is downloading 434E..  When its done it reboots, and when I go to system.. its the same software version from 10/6.......    Any ideas?

Talos4

The data stream is typically only available in the wee hours of the morning usually between 11 pm and 6 am.

That way it disrupts the fewest viewers as possible as opposed to prime time.

neomaxi

Quote from: Talos4;55041The data stream is typically only available in the wee hours of the morning usually between 11 pm and 6 am.

That way it disrupts the fewest viewers as possible as opposed to prime time.

Still doesn't work.. it says its down loading.... then when its finished.. i don't have the new version..

gb4fan92

Checked my H21 today and received the new update. Now to get busy and network it. ( I know, I know. Why didn't you have it networked before?? Can you say procrastination?) :D

Talos4

Same here!

Just checked it tonight.

It's not in the network yet either. Didn't see any point until it was updated.

Time to run more cat5!

Talos4

Well, A temporary Cat5 was run to the H21. A quick thumbnail of the system....

Set up the box and it runs great!!!

See's programming from two different DVR's in the network and plays,FF, pauses everything is working just fine.

PQ so far is flawless. Only watched about 30 mins of programming but at first blush it's good.

gb4fan92

Quote from: Talos4;55193Well, A temporary Cat5 was run to the H21. A quick thumbnail of the system....

Set up the box and it runs great!!!

See's programming from two different DVR's in the network and plays,FF, pauses everything is working just fine.

PQ so far is flawless. Only watched about 30 mins of programming but at first blush it's good.

That's exactly what I planned to do  Run a temporary Cat5 to see if it works.  If I have time I will try it this weekend.