• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

World Of Beer Fest June 5th

Started by jkane, Friday Mar 12, 2010, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkane

Thought I would invite you to come out to the Milwaukee Beer Barons World Of Beer Festival.  It is at the Schwabenhof in Menominee Falls on June 5th.

My wife and I are the Volunteer Coordinators and this is our big fund raiser for our beer club.  We are still supporting the Milwaukee Museum of Beer and Brewing with this festival.

If you like beer fests, this the one to go to!  It will have the most and the best selections of beers you can't find at other events in the SE Wisconsin area.

markd

A linky would have been helpful.  I was almost too lazy to look it up...almost  ;)

Bluto

I went two years ago.  Man, did it rain that year. :)

I give this a high recommended.  Knowledgable servers, great variety.  It was fun trying out the home brews, too - some were quite 'adventurous'.  Some were really good, too.

If my calendar is open, I'll be going again.

Jeff, will home brewers be sharing their wares again this year?

jkane

Yes, there will be homebrew.  We invited a few more clubs also, so there may even be more of it than last year.  We had 3 clubs last year.

We also introduced a VIP ticket last year for first access to the really expensive beers.  We opened up what was left of them to the whole crowd near the end.  Same kind of thing this year, and they get a "boot" shaped tasting glass.

Can't control the rain.  But it is a very big shelter, and plenty of room to keep people covered.

Bluto

I agree.  Great location.  Plenty of shelter.  I was just remembering the tornado sirens going off - but the sirens didn't ruin the nice buzz I had going on. :D

jkane

Let me know if you show up.  You will find me in a kilt in the side bar where the raffle is.  Stop by and say Hi!  :wave:

We are adding a special area for Mead and Ciders.  Mead is fermented honey much like wine.  And cider is fermented apples.  My wife and I have been pushing to have this for a couple years, and we are finally getting it this year.  Assuming that I get the orders in tomorrow so they ship to us in time!

Bluto

I read that the meads would be back this year - good news.

Too bad for me that I can't make it - out of town that weekend.  Although I do know that friends of mine plan on attending.

I hope this is one is your most successful one yet!