• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Does TWC want my business?

Started by EmuZombie, Thursday Mar 11, 2010, 12:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmuZombie

So here's the situation...    a few years ago we had Digital cable, with an dvr and internet.  We found ourselves watching less and less tv and when we did watch it was mostly OTA channels.  We made the choice to cancel cable TV service and just use OTA.  We kept internet service because we live in an area where cable internet is our only option for broadband.  DSL isn't available.

Recently we made the decision to get cable tv again.  After calling TWC sales department I was quite surprised to learn they do not have any special offers that we would qualify for.  Every offer they have are for new customers only.  Since we kept internet service, we are an existing customer.

We are unable to get uverse or satellite, cable is our only option.

The price quoted for digital cable withOUT a dvr would add an extra $85 to our already $50 a month bill.    Whatever happened to "bundling" for a discount?  When asked they said, that is discounted.  Really?

It seems as though TWC doesn't want us back as a tv subscriber.  At that price we'll be sticking to OTA.

Jack 1000

You should call back and ask for the "Customer Retention Department."  These are the people that cable doesn't tell you about, because what they do is they will give you SPECIFIC deals to keep you as a customer.  You generally only get referred to them if you make a major beef about your service and threaten to cancel.  These are the level 2 and 3 people who are there to keep your business.  You should still use what you did above.  But, if that doesn't work, call Customer Retentions.  They should be able to get you some help.  That department WANTS your business.  Customer Retention is designed to keep you as a customer.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Chinatown

Bebop

TW keeps sending me package deals in the mail every week. I don't know the details, I always throw them away.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

ScottyB

Yeah, call TW back.  If you are a good customer, (pay on time, etc) they will get you a good deal.

Right now, the best deals they have are $40/mo for Digital Access or $50/mo for Digital Variety, all equipment included in the price.

There is a "backdoor" number to get to the department that specializes in these deals, I just can't find it at the moment.  But if you call the regular number, just keep pressing for a better deal until you find the person that offers you the above deals.

Good luck,
Scott