• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Two Way Cable Cards

Started by SugarRay, Sunday Feb 21, 2010, 02:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SugarRay

Any news on if TWC is going to ever issue two way cable cards?  I used to have one but when they switched to SWD I could not get all of the HD channels.  I think that has been over a year plus.

LoadStar

Quote from: SugarRay;54967Any news on if TWC is going to ever issue two way cable cards?  I used to have one but when they switched to SWD I could not get all of the HD channels.  I think that has been over a year plus.

Cable cards are all capable of either one-way or two-way communication. It's the device that they are installed into that dictates whether they have two-way communication. Non-cable company provided devices are all unidirectional devices by design.

If you have a TiVo or Moxi with a CableCard, you need to request a Tuning Adapter in order to receive all the channels you should. These Tuning Adapters are connected to the TiVo/Moxi via USB and do the return communications required to request a particular switched-digital video channel. Time Warner should provide one for free upon request. They've been offering them for almost a year.