• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Will TWC ever get multi-room DVR?

Started by oz, Tuesday Feb 02, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz

Two features I would really like to see is whole-house DVR and the ability to schedule DVR recordings via the web.  Do you think this will ever happen on TWC?

kevbeck122

Someday maybe: http://hd.engadget.com/2009/04/01/motorola-time-warner-mixing-up-multiroom-tru2way-cable-setups/

SA/Cisco has had a MR set top for years: http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/settop_8300HD_multiroom.html.  I'm not sure why TWC never went with it, unless they didn't want to deal with programming the MRV function into Navigator.

Jack 1000

Quote from: oz;54742Two features I would really like to see is whole-house DVR and the ability to schedule DVR recordings via the web.  Do you think this will ever happen on TWC?

Yes,

Remote DVR Management is coming to all DVR boxes in the future.  (MDN/ODN)  To use it, you will need to sign up for a "TWC MY SERVICES" account at your local TWC webiste when it comes out.

Every room DVR is coming out in the future, BUT that will ONLY be available on ODN (C) boxes and the Samsungs.  

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

leprechaunshawn

If you want to know what TWC is going to have in the future:

1.  Check out what DirecTV, Dish, ATT & Verizon have right now.
2.  Wait 18-24 months for TWC to catch up
3.  Get "new" technology from TWC
4.  Be disgusted that this or that new TWC feature doesn't work right.
5.  Switch to any of the above providers
6.  Never look back

budda

Quote from: Jack 1000;54746Yes,

Remote DVR Management is coming to all DVR boxes in the future.  (MDN/ODN)  To use it, you will need to sign up for a "TWC MY SERVICES" account at your local TWC webiste when it comes out.

Every room DVR is coming out in the future, BUT that will ONLY be available on ODN (C) boxes and the Samsungs.  

Jack

Not to bash TW. But it's free right!:D

basshive

Quote from: leprechaunshawn;54758If you want to know what TWC is going to have in the future:

1.  Check out what DirecTV, Dish, ATT & Verizon have right now.
2.  Wait 18-24 months for TWC to catch up
3.  Get "new" technology from TWC
4.  Be disgusted that this or that new TWC feature doesn't work right.
5.  Switch to any of the above providers
6.  Never look back

I love it! So true!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB