News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Directv Multiroom View Beta being Pushed

Started by neomaxi, Tuesday Jan 26, 2010, 09:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

basshive

My r22 and my hr21 got the update last night. I must say it works awesome and I am veeery happy to have this functionality!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Steve Mann

It's working great here with my two networked HR21s. Easy to setup and configure. No bottle necking or major dropouts or macro blocking.

We have a true home theater, so what I love about it is that it essentially gives us FOUR tuners on the DVR in the theater. Now all the shows we record on the upstairs DVR because of conflicts in the theater, can now be watched on the big (126") screen. That way I don't have to 'slum it' on the 50" TV upstairs  as much.  :)

It's a great feature. If they charge the rumored $2.99 a month, I will be partaking.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

basshive

Quote from: RonH;54687Notice they will be charging for multi-room viewing, although it is free for beta testing.

http://directv.com/multiroom

In addition, for beta testing you use ethernet, but they will likely can that idea and use DECA (ethernet over coax) only when fully released.  You'll also need at least HR21/H21 or later recievers.  So to go multiroom will probably cost something like $10/month extra, plus a bunch of upgrade fees for your dish (you must have SWM) and any old boxes.  And you'll likely be back under a new 2 year contract.  I think I'll be avoiding this for now.  They keep raising my rates every year, and I keep cutting services to keep up.

Just to be clear, SWM is not a requirement for MRV with D*
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

REVM1M

my three dvrs got the update last night. I have two HR21s and one HR22. I get mrv on two dvr but the third one shows NO DVR NETWORK DETECTED. Do you guys know what is wrong?

Steve Mann

Quote from: REVM1M;54751my three dvrs got the update last night. I have two HR21s and one HR22. I get mrv on two dvr but the third one shows NO DVR NETWORK DETECTED. Do you guys know what is wrong?

Have you rebooted that DVR? Is the network cable good? Do you have a link light on your router/switch where that cable is attached?

If all that is good, maybe you want to do a manual network setup and add the IP/Network Mask/Gateway yourself.
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

REVM1M

Quote from: Steve Mann;54753Have you rebooted that DVR? Is the network cable good? Do you have a link light on your router/switch where that cable is attached?

If all that is good, maybe you want to do a manual network setup and add the IP/Network Mask/Gateway yourself.

No I didn't reboot. I checked the cables last night, they were all good.I will reboot and that doesn't work, I will do manual setup. Thank you very much!

REVM1M

Thanks Steve Mann, I think it was router/switch . Now it works .

Steve Mann

Good deal... glad you got it working (even though I'm not sure what you did).  :)
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

Homebrew101

I have the update on my HR22 but not on yet my H20-100. It looks like the H20-100 does not have an ethernet port just USB, that won't work will it?

Steve Mann

Quote from: Homebrew101;54820I have the update on my HR22 but not on yet my H20-100. It looks like the H20-100 does not have an ethernet port just USB, that won't work will it?

I don't think so. I think I recall seeing the update was for the HR* models only.
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

davidrab

Quote from: Homebrew101;54820I have the update on my HR22 but not on yet my H20-100. It looks like the H20-100 does not have an ethernet port just USB, that won't work will it?

H20's won't work. H21 or H23's will. I went out and got an H21 some time last
year when they were testing it.

I have the H21 "beta" through the Cutting Edge program and have been using
MRV. It works fine and one of the nicest features is that I can tell my HR20 to
record something from my H21.

gb4fan92

Quote from: davidrab;54823H20's won't work. H21 or H23's will. I went out and got an H21 some time last

As of yesterday I still haven't received the update for the H21 though my HR22 was updated. And found out yesterday that our 2 standard definition boxes (d-11 and d-12) won't work for multiroom.  So what only HD boxes will work??

AA9VI

Quote from: davidrab;54823H20's won't work. H21 or H23's will. I went out and got an H21 some time last

to answer the earlier question, SWM is not a requirement.  Multi-room viewing works over the network.  Wireless gaming adapters or hardline ethernet to the router work best.  That powerline adapter stuff is garbage for a host of reasons.  Stay away from them.  Ebay the WGA500N.  Nice deals.

Talos4

Quote from: gb4fan92;54824As of yesterday I still haven't received the update for the H21 though my HR22 was updated. And found out yesterday that our 2 standard definition boxes (d-11 and d-12) won't work for multiroom.  So what only HD boxes will work??

I haven't gotten the update on my H21 either.

MRV only works on HD receivers. Software and hardware on these older receivers are not compatible. No ethernet connection either.