• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Greatest Techie Christmas Gift

Started by Gregg Lengling, Sunday Dec 27, 2009, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Got the greatest techie gift for Christmas...never owned a Video Camera in my life...just too big and cumbersome...but now I have a really need HD Video Camera (720P) and can record up to 2 hours at at time. It's call Flip Video and it's a Cisco Company....found it at Costco for $199.00 and I'm blown away at the quality. It's also the first device I've had where the included software is in the device..no Cd-ROM and not only did the usb drivers install perfectly but the that and the software took less than 5 minutes to perfectly install and start working. Check it out
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Bebop

Speaking of 720P video, I got a panasonic ZS3 for $240. It has 12X optical zoom which can be use while in video mode.  It's a little bigger than a deck of cards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QFZMCY/sr=8-1/qid=1261943018/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261943018&sr=8-1

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

duncantuna

Here's my question for both of you on those models:

How is it indoors?  

I ask because I have a 18 month old camera .. my 4th video camera .. and it's by far the worst with "low light" situations.  "Low light" is a misnomer, though, as you'd think it described filming in a closet.

I'm talking, indoors, with lights on, after dark.  "reasonable light" is what it should be called.

How are your models?

Gregg Lengling

The Flip has been fantastic, every light level I've tried it at gives a great picture, no external lighting needed...
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Bebop

As long there is regular room lighting, the picture is pretty good. The nice feature about the ZS3 is the zoom.

The ZS3 does not include a Memory card. A 8GB class 6 SD card holds about 60 minutes of HD video.

Here are some samples from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_QQ5OhaeSI&feature=related

I'm sure there some samples for the Flip there too.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun