News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC SDV Adapter for Moxi/Tivo?

Started by Danno321, Friday Dec 04, 2009, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno321

I moved to  a Moxi DVR with M-Stream Card that requires the Cisco SDV Adapter box.  Every 2 days or so, the SDV box causes the Moxi to have missing channels.  To fix this requires a hard (i.e. unplug power) reboot of the Cisco SDV Adapter and then a Channel Refresh on the Moxi.  This is a pain.  Anyone else with Moxi or Tivo experiencing this?  TIA

Tivoman44

Every now and then I notice the light on the tuning adaptor is flashing.  What Tier 3 told me is that the balancing in the office has to be fixed.  They told me a firmware update is coming and to try unpowering the Adaptor.  Also they told me to sometimes switch the USB port.

idigg

Is anyone else planning on getting the 4 tuner Ceton card?  I'm wanting to get that, but equipment do I need from TWC ?

I'm currently a DirecTV subscriber, but looking to go to TWC and it's been a long time since I have been a cable subscriber.  Thanks.

Danno321

I haven't had to reboot the SDV Adapter in 3 days!   Did TWC push an update to fix this?

Danno321

Still occasional problems with SDV box dropping channels but not as bad as before.   Now if SDV would be built into the CableCard!

Tivoman44

I woke up this morning and what do you know the light is flashing on the Tuning Adaptor.  It doesn't happen as much as it did but this is annoying.  And the post I made last night on another topic, this is making me want to dump TWC.  I can't remember how many times I have written this but when you call TWC, ask for tier 3 and ask them to check the balancing/occurance on the tuning adaptor.   They may ask you to unplug the power, wait a while, plug it back in and then switch to the other USB port on the Tivo or other device.  They fix something on there office computer as you unplug it.

From what i understand the cable card whether S-Card or M-Card is only capable of one way communication, in bound.  SDV is two ways, so you either need the TWC box with there proprietary technology for it to work or the Tuning Adaptor.  While the tuning adaptor works well overall, it still can't truely bring everything such as caller ID on TV and on demand.