News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DVR - Green plus?

Started by duncantuna, Wednesday Dec 09, 2009, 09:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncantuna

I've always wondered, maybe someone knows ..

I have an 8300HDC, Time Warner .. when I hit "List" on the DVR, the saved shows are displayed.  Some have a green and white "plus" sign next to the show.

What does it mean?

(In the old firmware, there was an icon for "do not delete" or whatever.  This is not that, since that functionality is gone.)

HiFiTy

I think the shows with the plus sign are ones that were recorded as part of a series recording vs ones that are recorded on a show by show basis.

duncantuna

Nope, that is not it.  I have an example of that (not) being the case on my list right now.

I series-record the "Medium" show.  Right now I have 4 of them on the List.  3 of them have the green plus.   --  If it helps figure, there are two from the same date, one has a green plus, one does not.

That would lead one to think it might have something to do with re-run status .. but I'm only recording first-run Mediums.

kevbeck122

It does mean do not delete:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/northeastohio/support/navigator/dvr.html
About halfway down there's a section called Set for "Do Not Delete"

I tried it on my parents' 8300HD and that green icon with the white plus is what appears.

duncantuna

Sure enough, that's what it is.  Thanks.

How odd that .. 20% of the shows on my List are "do not delete" / green plus .. yet I've never used that function before.